Hey wonderful Expats! I plan on taking a month-long trip to Portugal after i get my Bachelor's this june and Covid vaccination. I'm currently looking for a small place for the month and intend to rent a car so i can drive around and check out some of the country's culture and nature.
What are absolitely must-see areas / locations in Central / Northern Portugal?
So far i have:
- Quinta da Regaleira
- Castelo de Obidos
- Castle of the Moors
- UNESCO World Heritage Laurissilva Forest
I've been struggling with finding other impressive places - though i have no doubt there are many - so i was hoping you wonderful people could assist me in this endeavor. What i'm looking for:
- What you recommend family and friends go see.
- Your favorite places in Lisbon / Around Lisbon.
- Your favorite places in Porto.
- Your favorite places in Evora / Santarem.
- Cool national holidays / festivals / similar culture things.
I realize its a very broad list of options, I just want to get a chance to experience all the best Portugal has to offer once this Covid stuff lessens