Supply chain issues food and fuel in Portugal – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx
  • Serenity Banner

Supply chain issues food and fuel in Portugal

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@jgibson)
Reputable Member

Supply chain issues food and fuel in Portugal

I have not seen anything in the Portuguese news indicating any kind of fuel or food or commodity shortages to speak of unlike the US where it’s all over the news and we’re beginning to see it in the Midwest where I live what is the perspective from your folks living in Portugal?

3 Replies

Premium Member
(@thunderduck)
Estimable Member

We've not experienced any issues in Lisbon. Fuel is readily available and shops are all well stocked. 

Admin
(@thomasribatejo)
Reputable Member

For general consumables, there are no noticeable issues, nor much to suggest there will be any. 

However, as with most places, there are shortages of raw and construction materials (most of which are imported), with wildly varying prices. This is affecting, for example, metals, glass, timber... and as a result, supply of windows, copper wiring, etc are sometimes harder or slower for contractors or individuals to source. This has been impacting on timelines and budgets for building works for some time, and shows no signs of easing. It tends to be of limited visibility to end consumers to date - construction is usually slower than expected here, so the supply issues can be somewhat hidden.

Community Member
(@martin)
Famed Member

i recall one elderly Portuguese man who said of his family compared to the demands and "needs" of modern life...he said

"some wine, olives,  cheese, and fresh bread - we are happy"

indeed how nice to consider

• EI Banner
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Serenity Banner
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online