Travel to Portugal – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

EI Banner

Travel to Portugal

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@stevebutt)

Will it be safe to visit Portugal from Uk in July ? Is there a 14 day quarantine policy in place on visiting Portugal before your holiday starts ? Can anyone advise on this please? 

5 Replies

VIP Member
(@hartmill)
Estimable Member

At the moment the borders are closed and there are almost no flights. On returning to the U.K. you would be subject to 14 days quarantine. You will need a crystal ball to answer your question at the moment. Sorry!

1 Reply
VIP Member
(@stevebutt)

@hartmill 

hi pal you misunderstand what I was wondering is - when you land in faro airport will the Portuguese police march me off to quarantine in Portugal for 14 days before I can start my holiday in Portugal. I’m only interested in what is happening in Portugal  (I’m fully aware of Uk rules) 

VIP Member
(@santaanita)
Prominent Member

yes you will be expected to self isolate for 14 days and i for one are glad because,i dont want people who will be sitting in airports and on planes were there may be carriers walking aroun near me when we have handled the situation here better than most.

VIP Member
(@santaanita)
Prominent Member

hope that helped steve

Community Member
(@jorges)

Hello Steve,

nobody knows... Let's get closer to July and hope for the best. What is true today, might not be tomorrow. Let's hope by then the news we see on TV are less scary. Uncertain times. 

EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online