We made it! – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

We made it!

Page 1 / 3

MaxG
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@maxgravy)
Estimable Member

Howdy folks,

I apologize for not participating on the forum for the last few months. It's been pretty hectic. But now we can relax. We sold our house in Texas, and pretty much everything else we owned. We ended up staying in a nearby airbnb for three weeks and then another near the Houston airport. 

On April 9th we arrived in Lisbon! We made it! We leased a condo in the Larajeiras area and we love it here. We're still getting settled in and buying lots of stuff for the house. Everything has worked out better than expected. We decided to live in Lisbon for the first year. We're more country folks but this is a beautiful friendly city, and everything is so convenient. Our condo is quiet and spacious. 

A BIG thanks to the members of this forum. We gained a lot of useful information that helped us get here. Also big thanks to everyone at Ei! They've been a huge help. I'm glad we hired them. They are still helping us. I highly recommend them. 

If anyone has questions about Lisbon or the process to get here, I'd be happy to answer any questions if I can. 

Also, if there's anyone in this area that would like to meet up. That would be great. 

All the best!

Randy

41 Replies

Premium Member
(@livinginusa)
Trusted Member

@MaxG

Congrats!!

Premium Member
(@thnker10)

Congrats! I'm so jealous. One day we'll make it from Texas to Lisbon as well.

Premium Member
(@davidiryna)
Eminent Member

Congratulations Randy!

We were in Lisbon for a week, what an amazing city!

We love it here too. Lucky to be here.

Irina

Community Member
(@jeanne)
Estimable Member

How did you find your condo?

1 Reply
 MaxG
Premium Member
(@maxgravy)

Estimable Member

@jeanne For a fee Ei! offers a home finder service. They go out and look at the condos and then review the contract and make any needed changes.

Page 1 / 3

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online