We made it! - Page 3 – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

spartan Fx

We made it!

Page 3 / 3

MaxG
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@maxgravy)
Estimable Member

Howdy folks,

I apologize for not participating on the forum for the last few months. It's been pretty hectic. But now we can relax. We sold our house in Texas, and pretty much everything else we owned. We ended up staying in a nearby airbnb for three weeks and then another near the Houston airport. 

On April 9th we arrived in Lisbon! We made it! We leased a condo in the Larajeiras area and we love it here. We're still getting settled in and buying lots of stuff for the house. Everything has worked out better than expected. We decided to live in Lisbon for the first year. We're more country folks but this is a beautiful friendly city, and everything is so convenient. Our condo is quiet and spacious. 

A BIG thanks to the members of this forum. We gained a lot of useful information that helped us get here. Also big thanks to everyone at Ei! They've been a huge help. I'm glad we hired them. They are still helping us. I highly recommend them. 

If anyone has questions about Lisbon or the process to get here, I'd be happy to answer any questions if I can. 

Also, if there's anyone in this area that would like to meet up. That would be great. 

All the best!

Randy

42 Replies

Premium Member
(@jgibson)
Trusted Member

So exciting  congratulations 🎉 

Premium Member
(@jgibson)
Trusted Member

We’ve begun the process with Gilda and her group they’ve been wonderful we’ve now begun selling and liquidating everything that isn’t attached on our farm anticipating a move next spring from Missouri USA we are still undecided what part of Portugal but leaning south. My wife insists on the warmest climate possible lol 

I would love to pick your brain a little when we get closer to our date and would love to hear some of your impressions and thoughts after you’ve been in country for a while, John

1 Reply
 MaxG
Premium Member
(@maxgravy)

Estimable Member

@jgibson Feel free to ask any questions or send a private message. I'm happy to help. It's the least I can do to give back to this awesome community.

MaxG
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@maxgravy)
Estimable Member

@peggyL Whenever I see your name it reminds of the Grateful Dead song Peggy-O. Do you know this song? It's very beautiful. 

8 Replies
 Anonymous

@maxgravy

No, I have never heard it but I will look it up and have a listen. Usually people say my name reminds them of the song "Peggy Sue" but my older sister's name is Susan so she doesn't like it. 

Peggy

Bert
Premium Member
(@bert)

Estimable Member

@peggylI used to be a Dead Head so I have tons of their albums on my spotify and will let you listen when I see you ha ha

Anonymous

@bert

Great, Thanks

Peggy

MaxG
Premium Member
(@maxgravy)

Estimable Member

@peggyl

Anonymous

@maxgravy

Really cool, thanks for sharing. never heard it before but I  like it better than "peggy Sue".

@peggyL

Ralf
Premium Member
(@ralf)

Eminent Member

@bert Did you ever see them play with Bruce Hornsby? I am a big Hornsby fan and he was playing with them for a while.

Bert
Premium Member
(@bert)

Estimable Member

@ralf I did not though I love Bruce Hornsby too. I did see their last concert at Winterland in San Francisco. And that was something!

MaxG
Premium Member
(@maxgravy)

Estimable Member

@bert I've watched that Winterland concert a few times on youtube. You were very lucky to be there. My favorite keyboard player with the Dead was Brent Mydland. Here's a cool performance with Brent. Dear Mr. Fantasy mixed it up with Hey Jude. 

Admin
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

@maxgravy

Thanks for those clips MaxG. Brightened up my day. Never been into Grateful Dead but now have some exploring to do 😊 

Page 3 / 3

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online