WE'RE FINALLY COMING! - Page 2 – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx
  • Serenity Banner

WE'RE FINALLY COMING!

Page 2 / 2

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@ailin422)

Hello Everyone,

Since our original exploratory trip was cancelled last April, it has often seemed as though we'd never get there but, it looks like it's actually going to happen!  My friend Kathleen and I will be landing in Lisbon on Friday, Oct 29.

We'll stay overnight in Lisbon and then travel by train on 10/30 to the Algarve where we've booked an Air bnb for four nights.  We'll base ourselves in Luz so we can explore as much as we can of several villages, including Vila Real do S. Antonio.

On Thursday, 11/4, we'll return by train to Lisbon where we'll stay for three nights while we try to explore Setubal, Ericeira and Cascais.

On Monday, 11/8, we hope to rent a car - if we can locate one with an automatic transmission - any suggestions on that score?  From Lisbon, we thought we'd take a leisurely drive north to Porto and perhaps spend the night there before driving south along the coast to explore the Silver Coast.  My husband Frank (who can't make this first trip with us) and I are very interested in this area, along with the Algarve as possible retirement locations.  We'd like to stay three nights in two different villages/towns - maybe Figueira da Foz and then farther south to perhaps Sao Martinho do Porto or Nazare for another three nights to explore those areas a bit.

On Saturday, 11/13 we plan to return to Lisbon, where we'll stay overnight and then tearfully depart for home on Sunday 11/14.

If anyone reading has any suggestions for things to see, do or try during our itinerary, please shout out.  Also, if anyone would like to meet for a coffee and pastry, it would be a pleasure to meet folks who are going through or have done it to exchange ideas!

Although I have more or less been a voyeur on this site in recent months, I watch the YouTube videos of the podcasts with Carl (Carl, you do an amazing job!!!) faithfully and view posts here periodically.  I have learned so many things and have really appreciated the efforts of all of the administrators and regulars on this site who make it feel like such a welcoming community.

Thank you so much, Expats Portugal and I hope to hear from some of you!  Tally ho!!!

Pat Davio;)

13 Replies

Premium Member
(@misticjeff)
Eminent Member

I'm in the same boat (plane) well kind of...  headed to Porto on Nov. 1!!!!! so excited.  Gonna meet up with Josh and Kalie of Expats Everywhere.

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@ailin422)

@misticjeff

Have an amazing time, Jeff!

KLC
Community Member
(@klc)
Trusted Member

Exciting times for you enjoy your trip

Page 2 / 2

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • Serenity Banner
  • EI Banner
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online