Where to purchase nematodes? – General Chit Chat & Conversations – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

Where to purchase nematodes?  

Community Member
(@christiaan)

Does anybody know where I can purchase nematodes in Portugal? I went to our local garden centre but they didn’t have them.

Nematodes are a great natural way of getting rid of those tiny little flies called gnats that can hang out in your indoor pot plants (or veg patch), destroying plants and generally being annoying.

This is what I’d typically get on Amazon in the UK but they won’t deliver this product to Portugal:

4 Replies

VIP Member
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi Chris

You could try Amazon.DE or Se. Spain or Germany.

Or if you have family get them to make up a parcel. Because of the cost of shipping if you have family get all the things you want put in a parcel.

If you have a local Cafe that you are known in get the parcel delivered there  because if a parcel is delivered from the Post office in the UK they often don't get delivered. GLS is the problem or as i do i Use UPS and for £25 i can get 28kilo delivered and to the cafe in Gois where i live.

Good luck

Peter

Community Member
(@christiaan)

Thanks Peter, no family in UK unfortunately. I can't get them delivered from Spain or Germany either. Perhaps there are restrictions because they're alive? 

Premium Member
(@wayneb)
Eminent Member

We haven’t done this yet either but...

Have you thought of talking to a local nursery for advice?
We are going to be getting a range of plants and will be having long conversations and getting the best advice for our location from locals and the staff at the local nurseries. Well, that’s the plan!

VIP Member
(@x-camone)
Noble Member

If you have an AKI nearby, try them. The one I was in today had various varieties.

Ei! Migration Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for limited access to the forum and meet-ups.

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks:

• Receive over €250+ worth of exclusive member benefits from our partners (view current member perks and benefits)
  • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars (visit our What’s On Calendar for our next online events)
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see or partners)
  • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
  • Get 10% discount off Ask Our Expats services
  • And last but not least, shout Astrid, Gerry & Carl a beer on Friday 🙂
Join TodayOnly €25 per year

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online