This macabre chapel can be found to the rear of the Igreja do Carmo church in Faro. The chapel is the final resting place for over 1,250 skeletons, and the bones fill every available surface. The bones and skulls form the chapel’s decoration with ghoulish geometric patterns.The bodies were exhumed in 1816 from the overcrowded cemeteries in Faro and belong to the Carmelite monks who once served in the Carmo church. An interesting place to visit on Halloween perhaps??