oceanario de lisboa – Going Out – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

oceanario de lisboa

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
VIP Member
Topic starter
(@spenceranddidier)

Hi just in case anyone is looking for any days out with visitors or by yourselves. We finally got around to visiting the Aquarium today and WOW it was amazing. Our visitors loved it and even the 5 year old managed to keep it together until the last 10 minutes.Definitely worth the 13 euros which included the Turtles as well. And to top it off we got the train and indeed it is as cheap as nuts so all in all a fantastic day out. Spencer.

4 Replies
VIP Member
(@touchwood)

We went there last October with friends, it was fabulous, we also took in the turtles. There was a lot of walking though, and one of our party found it a little hard going. Afterward we took a ride on the cable car, fantastic views over Lisbon and the Vasco da Gama bridge, although I didn't realise before that I don't much care for hanging from a cable, but a fabulous day out. :D

VIP Member
(@nickallport)

My son who's four is crazy about the Aquarium, he'd go every weekend if he could! In fact he pestered so much that we ended up taking him to the Fluviario de Mora as well a few weeks ago ( http://www.fluviariomora.pt ) which is mainly river fish, not nearly as impressive but he loved that too. 3 yr old daughter less impressed!

VIP Member
(@liesbetje)

I've driven through Mora a few weeks ago, but didn't have time to stop. Is it worth a visit, NickAliport?
I indeed loved the Oceanario as well. I sometimes used it as the place to have my break when I had to drop off people in the airport in the morning and pick up the next group in the late afternoon.

VIP Member
(@nickallport)

I've driven through Mora a few weeks ago, but didn't have time to stop. Is it worth a visit, NickAliport?
I indeed loved the Oceanario as well. I sometimes used it as the place to have my break when I had to drop off people in the airport in the morning and pick up the next group in the late afternoon.

It's a lot better than I expected I have to say. The tanks are really nicely done with lots of fish. Obviously river fish not so colourful or interesting, but my little boy loved it.

Also the location is great, there's a lake there, picnic area. And Mora itself is really nice, especially the old part at the top.

Thanks, Nick

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal