The sports report – Good Morning Portugal - Open Discussion – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

The sports report  

RSS

(@wayneb)
Active Member Premium Member
27/06/2020 1:43 pm  

I Don’t think I am sports mad per se, but do follow Man City as they were great when I came over to England, but Rugby was the sport I excelled at in the RN. I am an armchair sports fan of all sports. I eventually even got cricket! I Follow all sports now not from an individual player perspective apart from NFL and Carey Price of course, but more from a scientific and statistical approach. Why is Ronaldo so good? Why don’t elite rugby players have the same influence over a team as soccer or cricket. I also love the tech aspects such as seeing how the instant replay and goal-line technology developed in the NFL has filtered across too. (controversial?)
I was recently at a meal with England cricketer Ashley Giles and he spoke about coaching And tactics and talked more about Tom Brady and Bill Belichick of NFL fame than he did cricket!
So I am loving the detail and passion that Calvin had in this mornings episode. What I do need to brush up on is Portuguese football as my local cafe is a supporters club too!

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online