late reply to second covid vaccine – Healthcare in Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

[Solved] late reply to second covid vaccine

Community Member
Topic starter
(@smiledebs)

hi, 

I missed replying to the text message I was sent to get my second covid jab. I was due for this Friday 23 July. The text sends me to a website covid19.min.saude.pt/vacinacao,  but I can't find anything that helps me rebook. Does anyone know what I do?

Topic Tags
16 Replies

bife
VIP Member
(@bife)
Reputable Member

I didnt recieve my second sms and just turned up a week after on the estimated 2nd date on the card (I was waiting for the SMS) and they just did it with no booking.

The worst they can do it turn you away and tell you what to do, but they were very helpful and friendly in Charneca where I got mine done.

1 Reply
Community Member
(@smiledebs)

@bife great, that's what I am going to do!

Premium Member
(@itexpert7)
Estimable Member

Hi, which vaccine did you guys get, and did you experience any side-effects?

13 Replies
Community Member
(@jeanne)

Estimable Member

@itexpert7   2 x Moderna, and zero discomfort or side effects.

Premium Member
(@davidiryna)

Trusted Member
Premium Member
(@itexpert7)

Estimable Member

@davidiryna 

Thank you, I already have the British "yellow card" tables and pdfs with the 1400+ deaths and 800,000 vaccine side effects in the UK. I saw somewhere that in Europe there are many many more, and friends and relatives have said various things, none for AstraZeneka yet. I also know friends who didn't report their serious side-effects. None of these things of course as even mentioned in the British TV!!

Premium Member
(@davidiryna)

Trusted Member

@itexpert7 no rush, time is the best tool - observe and decide 🙂

Premium Member
(@itexpert7)

Estimable Member

@davidiryna 
Thank you, my thoughts exactly, especially when I learned that Pfizer will not be fully approved until May 2023! If it gets approval that is.
Currently these vaccines have just an "emergency authorization" and no responsibility is accepted by the big vaccine manufacturers.
We had Corona anyway, so I hope we have much superior natural immunity, after all Corona enters via the lungs. It was horrible couldn't breath well for a month, no hospitals though.

Premium Member
(@davidiryna)

Trusted Member

@itexpert7 sounds painful!

It's experimental drug. Big business. About a month ago local article - 0.9% death of 177,000 from covid, 2 weeks ago on tests - of all positives registered, 97% are false positive. Portugal articles.

Give it another year, will be new information on "whoopsie", here is the correct data from officials 🙂 

Community Member
(@jeanne)

Estimable Member

@davidiryna   if the Portuguese articles and 97% figure you're referring to are related to the 11/11/2920 court ruling involving four tourists, then the cycles were only tangential to that decision. The main finding was that the mandatory, preventative quarantine was not in accordance with the Portuguese constitution or law.  The decision itself states in section 17(v) that "the number of amplification cycles with which PCR tests are carried out in Portugal, including the Azores and Madeira, is unknown...". And that (18)  "...it never would have been possible for this Court to determine that A was a carrier or B,C D had been exposed to high risk.". But to my read ing, it's mainly about the validity of certain quarantine requirements under existing PT law. The court is not issuing a pronouncement on the 97% issue -although it does reference studies in which others have made the claim.

Premium Member
(@davidiryna)

Trusted Member

@jeanne We read an article regarding 97%, wasn't a court case

VIP Member
(@x-camone)

Noble Member

@davidiryna 

Nah - that's nonsense that's been circulating on social media. It's completely untrue.

Verificamos: É falso que 97% dos resultados dos testes PCR para Covid-19 são falsos positivos

Premium Member
(@davidiryna)

Trusted Member

@x-camone we all live in reality we create 🙂

VIP Member
(@x-camone)

Noble Member

@davidiryna 

OK.

If you say so. 

Community Member
(@jeanne)

Estimable Member

@davidiryna   Without knowing which specific article you read,  I can't comment on it. But one that is often cited is that mentioned in the PT court case. I'd seen a slew of references on line to an alleged cover-up by the MSM of covid news coming out of PT, so decided to look up what was behind that and try to find the primary source.  (The PT court only referenced the '97% article' - its actual decision was regarding gov't authority under existing PT law to compel quarantine - contrary to what other sources claim, it did not 'rule' on the accuracy of the test.)

I think the origin of the 97% claim may be this

https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/72/11/e921/5912603

The graph accompanying the article indeed shows 97/3 BUT that is only once CT=35.  At smaller CT, results are FAR FAR above that.  So it is definitely not correct to make a blanket statement that PCR test accuracy is only 3%. Just take a look at the curve. 

VIP Member
(@x-camone)

Noble Member
Posted by: @itexpert7
We had Corona anyway, so I hope we have much superior natural immunity, after all Corona enters via the lungs. It was horrible couldn't breath well for a month, no hospitals though.

The immunity provided by the vaccines is superior to that gained by having had the disease.

Why COVID-19 Vaccines Offer Better Protection Than Infection

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online