Private health care quotes. – Healthcare in Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Private health care quotes.

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@daveanddebbie)
Eminent Member

Hi

have you any links to private health care please.

We have our Portugese Health number but wish to boost where needed?

many thanks

Dave

13 Replies

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@anavieira)

Hello Dave,
There are several private health insurance companies working in Portugal, with diferent options, depending on what you want. 
Multicare, Medis, Advancecare are some of the most popular. They work in almost every private clinic/ hospitals from north to south of the country.
It will all depend on your age, family needs and of course your budget. 

They all have websites but im not sure if they have the information in english.
If you need any help, feel free to ask and i will be happy to help you.

Ana

11 Replies
Premium Member
(@daveanddebbie)

Eminent Member

Hi Ana

thanks for your reply.

if you have some web addresses that would be great.

kind regards

Dave

(@anavieira)

Premium Member
(@daveanddebbie)

Eminent Member

@anavieira, many thanks

kind regards

Dave

Ncw
Premium Member
(@ncw)

Eminent Member

@anavieira I have received quotes from Multicare and Allianz, and am waiting for a quote from my bank (Abanca). Right now Allianz is the most affordable at about 200Euros/Month for each of us. We are both 66. My banker suggested Allianz was not a "good" plan. Though right now they are the best deal by 100Euros/month. Any thoughts?

(@anavieira)

@ncw it will all depend on the capital and covers you have, your health needs and pre-existing conditions.

my only advice is if you need help in the future regarding your policy, refunds or any problems, bank employees are not specialized in insurance. You should go with an insurance broker.
if you need, I can help you with that, and present you quotes.

just let me know 🙂

stay safe!

ana 

Ncw
Premium Member
(@ncw)

Eminent Member

@anavieira I have a quote from Allianz and Multicare 60+.  If there are other options for 66/67 year olds, please contact me. 911 084 355

(@anavieira)

@ncw

hello!

I would be happy to help you. I sent you a message.

kind regards

ana

Premium Member
(@wealtheagle)

Hi @anavieira, I would like an insurance broker to get in touch too,we are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids).Cheers.

(@anavieira)

@wealtheagle
Happy to help you!
I sent you a message.
Cheers!

Ana

KGK
Community Member
(@kgk)

@ncw which plan did you choose? We got a quote from Medal which is associated with Allianz, and there were 4 options.

Ncw
Premium Member
(@ncw)

Eminent Member

@kgk MGEN from @anavieira

(@thomasribatejo)

Note that there are two main routes:

1 - access plans, typically €5-10 per person per month, which allow you to access private care, typically at a discount, but little is included without payment.  There are, in reality, just a small number of providers, but the plans are badged as affiliates (so, EDP, ACP, etc) 

2 - actual health insurance, with its various tiers based on monthly payments of considerably more than €5-10 per month.

I mention this because some people pass off 1 as being some form of cover, which it isn't.  It is useful if you have providers nearby, and only occasional needs, so not to be dismissed - but if you hear of cheap options, they may be type 1 not type 2.

I cannot offer advice on either - I have type 1, via ACP, and it is a useful fall-back, as we have a CUF hospital nearby.  However, you must do your own analysis of which plan (whether type 1 or 2) meets your needs, as no-one else can know that.

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step move to Portugal online course hosted by Carl Munson. Join today and save €100.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online