Touring and Registering with SNS? – Healthcare in Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Touring and Registering with SNS?

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@michael_tn)
Trusted Member

Bom Dia,

My wife and I are in Portugal and doing a bit of touring, looking for a rental property. We have our temporary D7 visas and have an appointment with SEF early in May. Since we are wondering about a bit with no real fixed address should we register with the SNS? We would like to have access to the system if we need it but don't want to have to keep moving our registration location around as well. 

-- Michael

1 Reply

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@anavieira)

To get your SNS number (national health service) you must present: residence permit and Tax Identification Number - the famous Nif.

its correct to ask in the area you are living in. But in the future if you move, you can change your health center. This is valid for Portuguese and I’m not 100% sure if it is the same for expats. Better to check the address topic.

I do not know if you have already your residence permit. If so you can register 🙂

You can also subscribe to a private health insurance if you prefer.

😉

EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online