UK S1 form application – Healthcare in Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Live and Invest Portugal

UK S1 form application

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@somanyquestions)
Estimable Member

I thought I would look to get an S1 form yesterday. So contacted the dept to ask for an application form. 

I was told that there is no form to fill in as it is done over the phone and then the S1 will be sent by post.

The first question was about date of taking up residency in another EU country.

The second question was...what was the date of the first pension payment you received?

I have no idea when that was so suggested a month after my 65 birthday......not good enough I need to know the exact date was the reply.

How do I get that as that was years ago.

Answer ...contact Pension service and ask them !!!

So this morning after a long wait I got to talk to them.

My question was, can you tell me the date of my first pension payment, I need this to apply for an S1 form?

After taking some security questions and her seeing how old I was, her answer was, our records do not go back that far, and I have never been asked this question before !!

Erm.....but I can try to estimate the actual date from your pension payment date now.

After a minute she came up with a possible date ....

I suggested to her that if The pension service does not know the actual date, who would the person asking the question at the Health service know the answer, and if what i gave her was correct, and in any event what does it matter?

She agreed with me and confirmed that in all her years she had never been asked that question for this purpose

Has anyone else had this experience, or is it a dream??

1 Reply

Community Member
(@islandgirl)

It’s not a dream! It happened to us several weeks ago! We didn’t know our dates but would have guessed our 60th and 65th birthdays. After all the security questions etc it turned out we were correct! FYI the earliest of the dates was 13 years ago.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online