Where to get rapid PCR test in Porto area? – Healthcare in Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

Where to get rapid PCR test in Porto area?

Community Member
Topic starter
(@enlguy)

Hi all,

I am needing to get a PCR test for an upcoming flight.  I contacted two testing centers in the Porto area.  One ignored all my questions and told me to call in Portuguese (well, don't speak enough for that to work, and not enthused they flat out ignored all my questions).  The other place took a week to respond, but offered more info, however they say it can take 48 hours to get the results.  This practically invalidates them when airlines require a test within 72 hours, unless timing is absolutely perfect (and I wouldn't in a million years trust the Portuguese with perfect timing).  I have an overnight layover before the flight leg that will require the test for boarding and then entry. 

So, does anyone know of a testing center that is good and will offer same-day results?  It seems absurd to me this would be such an issue given flight requirements.  I can't be the only one needing this.  

Thank you for all help.

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online