Accountant online or in Coimbra area – Investment & Trading for expats – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Accountant online or in Coimbra area

13 Posts
7 Users
4 Likes
Community Member
Topic starter
(@davidb)

I am looking to find a good accountant with English competency to help me prepare and file my Portuguese taxes.  I have hit the limit of what I am confident doing myself.  I set up the online finance portal and successfully registered for NHR.  However, for the actual filing and also for the specific exemptions applicable (or not) to some types of overseas income, I really need some guidance.

Any help appreciated. 

Topic Tags
12 Replies
Community Member
Topic starter
(@davidb)

Thanks.  I will inquire.  What sort of general price levels are to be expected for help filing returns?

Community Member
Topic starter
(@davidb)

That sounds reasonable.  Was quoted 50 Euro for the initial consultation.  Considerably lower than other quotes.

Premium Member
(@kkcwalton)

@davidb Hi,  I've heard of and emailed with Bruno Alfonso in Coimbra.  His site is taxesinportugal.com.  He presents as a CPA, works from his home, and offers several moving to Portugal services at a very good price.  

Because I didn't have a way to confirm his business or practice, we chose to go with another provider in Lisbon recommended by Expats Portugal instead.  But when we go to Coimbra, we intend to meet him and check him out further.  I originally found a reference to him on Facebook, but that's all I know.

If you interact with him, please let us know your thoughts.  We'd like to settle in Coimbra an having a local accountant would be very useful.  Thanks

1 Reply
Community Member
(@eljay591)

@kkcwalton Hello,

Can you share the name of the accountant in Lisbon?

Thank you!

Community Member
Topic starter
(@davidb)

I emailed Bruno as well as JS advisors.  I finally went with JS advisors because the price was more competitive and most importantly, they assured me that they could answer the specific questions I had.  Bruno on the other hand was quick to request payment, but never got back to me on whether he could actually provide the answers I needed.  Some of my questions were very specific and about different types of crypto interest and staking rewards and the impact of some of this coming from tax havens. Not every accountant would know.

I got the answers I needed from my consultation with JS advisors and I confirmed as well that their price for filing tax returns would be 150 Euro. 

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@kkcwalton)

@davidb Thank you for that assessment!  We'll make an appointment with them for tax strategy planning this spring. Sincere thanks

Premium Member
(@kkcwalton)

@davidb Hi David, I tried to email JS Advisors but no one is responding.  Do you have a contact number and / or email to share so I can reach someone?  Thanks

Page 1 / 2

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Guaranteed entry to our Migration Tuesdays Visa & Immigration Show
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon