Real Estate Investing in the Silver Coast – Investment & Trading for expats – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Real Estate Investing in the Silver Coast

Page 1 / 2

Community Member
Topic starter
(@akanthon)

I am an American looking to invest in the Silver Coast. I'm in the process of buying my first investment (buy-to-let) property, and I just realize I have so much to learn. In my case, I will use my investment as long term rental, and I need to obtain a rental license. Are there others in the area doing the same thing? 

Also I want to repost a video I watched today that opened my eyes to the implications of starting a business in Portugal. How to start a business in Portugal with Expats Portugal & Reis & Pellicano - YouTube

12 Replies
Community Member
(@antonio_f)
Reputable Member

There's a american couple that did something similar, you can see their channel: Our Rich Journey

1 Reply
Community Member
(@akanthon)

@antonio_f The difference between me and them is I am not rich! I am still working a 9-5 job, and cannot just relocate to Portugal at the moment. But I have watch their series in the past. Thanks.

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)
Reputable Member

I have a similar question...

Is there a reputable property manager people are using in the community?

2 Replies
Community Member
(@akanthon)

@hank_2021 What I have found is that if you don't have a "luxury" property, the property managers just don't find it profitable enough to take on your property. It's quite sad actually. And unlike the US, the companies I've found are charging 30% commission to manage the property.

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Reputable Member

@akanthon Interesting! Will have to keep that in mind. Thank you!

Community Member
(@mellotrol)

I cannot call myself an expert in real estate investment, but I have some experience in this field. I started doing this a few years ago when I accumulated some capital and decided to invest it in a passive source of income for building generational wealth. I am pleased with the trend that many are thinking about the future of their children and the whole generation. Therefore, I will be happy to help you with tips or recommendations if they seem useful to you. You can write to me in private messages, and we will contact you via another communication channel: telegram or discord. I will be waiting for your message.

1 Reply
Community Member
(@akanthon)

@mellotrol Passive income sources are what I am after. I know I cannot work for ever, and I would like to create a path to early retirement. I just completed my purchase a few days ago, and now the difficult part is to get the property renovated.

Premium Member
(@chris_in_california)
Trusted Member

Following this one. We are considering the same thing. 

2 Replies
Community Member
(@akanthon)

@chris_in_california I'm no expert, but I am taking one step at a time. The good thing is the interest rates are low enough to manage paying the mortgage for a few months while getting the property renovated.

Premium Member
(@chris_in_california)

Trusted Member

@akanthon Exciting! Keep us posted. We are just starting our scouting trip in a couple weeks. So we are in no hurry.

I figure we will rent for a year or so and keep or eyes open. 'Step by step' seems like the right plan. 

Good luck! 

Page 1 / 2

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online