Welcome to the Expats Portugal forum!

Since 2005, this forum has had over 6,000 people sign up and take part in our community.

It is a place for people who want to move to Portugal and for those already living here to meet and share knowledge through our community.

With the recent revamp of the site, we have chosen to keep the forum on the website rather than create a social media group as we know there are people concerned about privacy and who owns their data. Plus there is a wealth of information from the years gone by that we did not want to lose.

But this forum is nothing without your input. So come on in, take a look around, ask questions and answer a few.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please head over to the My Account section and reset your password today.

Learn Portuguese On...

Notifications

Learn Portuguese Online  

Page 2 / 4

betelnutz
(@betelnutz)
Eminent Member

Does anyone have any recommendations of websites for learning Portuguese on line?

I have seen a few sites and like a couple of them however the ones that I did like taught the Brazilian
dialect and I would like to learn the European Dialect of Portuguese.

Thanks.

19 Replies
betelnutz
(@betelnutz)
Eminent Member

Thanks for all the tips and website links.

Kiwifruit
(@kiwifruit)
Eminent Member

This site is really excellent - and free! :P

https://www.duolingo.com/course/pt/en/L ... ese-Online

Lots of interactive stuff, discussion forum and even an "immersion" section where people upload materials that may help to integrate what you're learning.

The only snag is that it's Brazilian Portuguese, but ... better than nothing!

wilsonworld
(@wilsonworld)
Eminent Member

Earworms Rapid Portuguese is a easy way to pick things up. The music seems to help remember. I downloaded the app on my phone and listen to it.

madeira
(@madeira)
Honorable Member

Does Earworms Rapid Portuguese have an advanced section that has a demo? Difficult to know what level to buy.

wilsonworld
(@wilsonworld)
Eminent Member

I bought volume 1 and 2, but so far have only been listening to vol 1 when I lay in bed or drive. The people's voices are much more relaxed than in some of the other lessons, it's calming and reassuring. Not sure about a demo. Reviews were good so I downloaded it.

Page 2 / 4

You need to be a Paid User to create items and comment on this forum

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Over 6,000 members already registered on our forum
  • Post and reply to threads in the Forum (non-members can just view)
  • List products free of charge in Buy, Swap, Sell & Wanted
  • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners

Already a member? Log in here

Donate today to gain full accessOnly €20 per year
Share:

Booking.com

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online