Learn Portuguese Online - Page 2 – Learning the Language – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Learn Portuguese On...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Booking.com

Learn Portuguese Online  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

(@betelnutz)
Eminent Member VIP Member
23/06/2015 7:43 pm  

Does anyone have any recommendations of websites for learning Portuguese on line?

I have seen a few sites and like a couple of them however the ones that I did like taught the Brazilian
dialect and I would like to learn the European Dialect of Portuguese.

Thanks.

(@scibirg)
Trusted Member VIP Member
13/02/2017 3:47 pm  

Earworms is great but very limited. Great for getting used to the sounds of portuguese and building your courage.

Just started memrise, very good so far!

ReplyQuote
(@munster)
Honorable Member VIP Member
26/02/2017 11:46 am  

Earworms gave me a great foundation. The BBC is great. I used Babble and found the Brazilian PT so confusing.I will start a language exchange shortly there are a few in the North of PT.
None as far as I know in the South.

ReplyQuote
(@scibirg)
Trusted Member VIP Member
23/01/2019 6:27 pm  

Here is another online resource for learning Portuguese : http://www.ciberescola.com

It's free and run by a non-profit.

ReplyQuote
(@ashley)
Reputable Member VIP Member
23/01/2019 9:31 pm  

A topic that has come back to life. There is a lot more EU Portuguese available online than just a couple of years ago. The problem is, much is of poor quality. I'm undertaking a paid course with PortugueseLab. Go see Youtube and search portugueselab. There is a huge amount free also. In fact, here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... tugueselab .

Susane that runs it is based in Lisboa and speaks very clearly. I'm also undertaking lessons in Tomar twice a week.

One of the big problems is the pronunciation and understanding the grammar structure not to mention the dropping of vowels and the changing pronunciation where individual words are said one way individually and in another when used within normal speech. Hours and hours of study. It's a dedication for me, an old fart to learn a new language. Another link is here for listening to clear spoken words. https://www.internetpolyglot.com/lessons-pt-en

The link provide by the previous poster not so clear and to my mind could be greatly improved.

Hope the above helps others and please, when other readers come across good online content, let other people know. It's a slog indeed finding it and very disheartening when you think you found the perfect source to discover it's the Brazilian variant. Pointless learning that if you want to be understood easily here in happy land.

ReplyQuote
(@peterfc)
Famed Member VIP Member
23/01/2019 10:17 pm  

Hi All

I was told to use Google Tradatur by a University Professor from Coimbra and it is Portuguese not Brazilian.

I have seen in the Financas in Gois the lady who does the tax for my business use Google Tradatur.

I know this has nothing to do with learning the language online but if you need to translate something then this is the one to try.

Peter

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online