Found a good ap for learning portugese – Learning the Language – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Found a good ap for learning portugese

PamE
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@pje)
Eminent Member

I’ve spent that past week playing with several apps - seems there aren’t many with European portugese! I know I will eventually want a class/ tutor but right now I need to learn some vocabulary & need a way to do a few minutes here & there throughout my day. Most that I tried were boring & while I could learn on them, I didn’t enjoy it. Memrise has been the best for me - the ap has video clips of people speaking so I can see how they move their mouths & has an explore feature where I can point my phone at something & it will show the name of it in portugese & say it & allow me to take a photo & save it. It’s made it fun enough so that I want to play with it all day.

9 Replies

Anonymous

I am also using Memrise. I tried several others but this is my favorite so far.

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@pamalcobaca)

I've never really got on with Apps, but I've heard other people say Drops is good too. I've always preferred podcasts and videos, and even have my own YouTube channel where I recommend video resources for learning Portuguese, take a look if you like: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-nl7p4q8sov-RkgtFEw_Iw  

1 Reply
 PamE
Premium Member
(@pje)

Eminent Member
  • @pamalcobaca thanks so much for sharing that! I will check that out - I think once I’ve learned some vocabulary, I will enjoy that a lot. I tried drops & was bored with it. The video clips in this app as well as the variety of learning games holds my interest. I’ve learned twice as many words with it in 3 days as I did with drops in a week.

Premium Member
(@let-t-speak)

@MartinP I use Memrise as well and it has been really helpful. 

I was unable to locate any flashcards for purchase in European Portuguese (even if I have to print them at home).  I found a link to 20 decks someone created and linked to on reddit...

How long have you used Memrise and curious what were the others you tried?

3 Replies
 Anonymous

@let-t-speak I have been using MemRise for about six weeks. Others I tried were Busuu and Duolingo. I liked Busuu in many ways, but it was weak on Euro Portuguese. Learning the language is a challenge, but I keep grinding.

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@pamalcobaca)

@let-t-speak I know Portuguese Language Lessons have flashcards on Quizlet as part of their online classes

Premium Member
(@let-t-speak)

@pamalcobaca Obrigada!  I will take a look!

Premium Member
(@luise)
Estimable Member

I love memrse too. Practise Portuguese is good too. 

https://www.practiceportuguese.com/ is very good. They have free content on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/user/PracticePortuguese

1 Reply
 PamE
Premium Member
(@pje)

Eminent Member

@luise thanks! I will go look at it

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step move to Portugal online course hosted by Carl Munson. Join today and save €100.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online