EU meeting today on banning travel from USA - Page 4 – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
EU meeting today on...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx
  • Serenity Banner

EU meeting today on banning travel from USA

Page 4 / 5

Ralf
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@ralf)
Estimable Member

Seems appropriate given that covid is raging here in the United (LOL) States, and also that the USA never allowed travel into it from our European friends.

serenity now

Serenity Now

looks like my long Fall visit is likely off.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/eu-travel-restrictions-americans/

70 Replies

Premium Member
(@tygger)
Estimable Member
Posted by: @hank_2021

All I'm doing is speculating on what their reasoning might be and that seems like an obvious, logical reason.

So Hank you're spreading false statements not because you actually know what your'e talking about. Maybe in the USofA the people being hospitalised are the very fat people with underlying health issues coupled with racial susceptibilities.

FWIW it's up to individuals to decide on whther they want an unproven jab or to rely on nature and Ivermeticin.

The USofA has form when it comes to unscrupulous big pharma.

Admin
(@astridff)

Dear Members,

We thank you for contributing to our site but this discussion has been reported to admin that it may offend some people.

Please ensure all discussions on our forum remain friendly and respectful to others.

Thank you.

Astrid

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Estimable Member

@astridff 

Thank you, Astrid!

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member
The PT Government published a New Air Travel order (Despacho Number 8652-C/2021) to cover the period 1st September to the 16th September 2021 inclusive.
Changes to the previous order are that arrivals from the USA are now able to enter Portugal for Non Essential Travel. They will still need a negative test to show on arrival in Portugal.
2 Replies
Premium Member
(@ericj)

Estimable Member

@old-bloke Great News....thanks for posting!!

Premium Member
(@cindyb)

Trusted Member

@old-bloke Awesome! I leave for PT in 5 days!

Community Member
(@jgibson)
Reputable Member

I just saw this announcement on a Facebook group  it’s nice having some positive news ! 😀 

Premium Member
(@sbwtwo)
Eminent Member

I've seen two announcements regarding the Portuguese position.  One says that the US and Brazil tourists will be allowed in with a negative covid test.  The other says that for non-EU visitors, only essential travel is supported.  These seem to be in direct opposition to one another.

See point 3  https://vistos.mne.gov.pt/en/highlights/measures-applicable-to-air-traffic-to-and-from-portugal-1st-16th-of-september?fbclid=IwAR0umATXg5s5ZRB8etkPQ346D6E8dIQcHV9D0IKGiXhW2XtzFjtp02huQdk

See point 4.

https://dre.pt/web/guest/pesquisa/-/search/170591693/details/normal?q=8652-C%2F2021&fbclid=IwAR39zBT4kq2YtmsnF056DF57ijYa9uCOgDmnygwOEN3hfr1pwYuX6dag_18

Of course I hope the second document, point 4 is the true one, but how do we know for sure?

Thanks,

scott

1 Reply
VIP Member
(@old-bloke)

Noble Member
Posted by: @sbwtwo

Of course I hope the second document, point 4 is the true one, but how do we know for sure?

Thanks,

scott

The second one is the PT Gvt depository for all legislation in Portugal and that is the go-to source for accuracy.

Page 4 / 5

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Serenity Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

• Full access to our community Forum
  • Gain access to our 12 module ‘Moving to Portugal’ course
  • Guaranteed entry to our interactive webinars
  • Unlock hundreds of €’s in savings and freebies from our partners
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see our partners)
  • Receive community support
  • Email support
  • And last but not least, help us grow this website and community
Join Today€97 per year

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online