EU meeting today on banning travel from USA - Page 5 – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
EU meeting today on...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx
  • Serenity Banner

EU meeting today on banning travel from USA

Page 5 / 5

Ralf
Premium Member
Topic starter
(@ralf)
Estimable Member

Seems appropriate given that covid is raging here in the United (LOL) States, and also that the USA never allowed travel into it from our European friends.

serenity now

Serenity Now

looks like my long Fall visit is likely off.

https://onemileatatime.com/news/eu-travel-restrictions-americans/

70 Replies

Premium Member
(@tygger)
Estimable Member
Is it just me or does this declaration just refer to sporting events?

Approves the lists of countries and international sporting competitions to which air traffic, airport, land, sea and river rules apply

Text

Order 8652-C/2021

Summary: adopt the lists of countries and international sporting competitions to which air traffic, airport, land, sea and river rules apply.

In the context of the epidemiological situation caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the exceptional measures taken to deal with COVID-19 disease, Council of Ministers Resolution 114-A/2021 of 20 August declares the contingency situation throughout the national continental territory, providing for rules applicable to air traffic, airports and land, sea and river borders.

Articles 27, 29 and 31 of the Conditions of Employment annexed to the above-mentioned resolution of the Council of Ministers stipulate that the members of the Government responsible for the areas of foreign affairs, national defense, internal administration, health and civil aviation may, by order, allow non-essential travel to or from specific countries where the epidemiological situation so warrants, and define the list of countries for which the mandatory confinement of citizens entering national territory from one of those origins is determined and which list the countries, special administrative regions and territorial entities and authorities not recognized as countries by at least one Member State, whose epidemiological situation is in agreement with Council Recommendation (EU) 2020/912 of 30 June 2020, as it stands.

These members of the government also determine the list of international professional sports competitions for the purpose of waiving the obligation of mandatory confinement, regardless of the origin of the participants.

Thus, in conjugated term
1 - Approve, in Annex I to this Order, of which it forms an integral part, the list of countries whose origin stipulates that passengers on flights and citizens traveling by land, sea or inland waterway must, after entering mainland Portugal, comply with a period of prophylactic isolation of 14 days, at home or in a place indicated by the health authorities.
2 - Without prejudice to Article 5(1) of Decree-Law No 54-A/2021 of 25 June 2012, which allows travelers with an EU COVID Digital Certificate to travel to Portugal for any reason, citizens who, under Article 6(3) of that Decree, hold an EU COVID Digital Certificate for vaccination or recovery are exempt from compliance with prophylactic isolation.
3 - Approve, in Annex ii to this Order, of which it forms an integral part, the list of countries, special administrative regions and territorial entities and authorities not recognized as countries by at least one Member State, whose epidemiological situation is in accordance with Council Recommendation (EU) 2020/912 of 30 June 2020 and its updates, whose air traffic to and from mainland Portugal is authorized, for the purposes of non-essential travel, subject to confirmation of reciprocity.
4 - Permit non-essential travel to and from the United States of America and to Brazil.
5 - Approve, in Annex iii to this Order, of which it forms an integral part, the list of international professional sports competitions, the participation of which excludes the passengers of flights to mainland Portugal from the obligation to comply with a prophylactic isolation period of 14 days, provided that the other conditions laid down in Article 29(3)(b) of the Conditions of Employment annexed to the Resolution of the Council of Ministers No 114-A/2021 of 20 August are complied with.

Cali
Premium Member
(@cali)
3 Replies
Premium Member
(@tygger)

Estimable Member

@cali that appendix 4 does say that, but the document refers to sporting events, it would be more than disappointing to arrive at Lisbon and get turned back.

Cali
Premium Member
(@cali)

Premium Member
(@tygger)

Estimable Member

@caliHHi Cali I'm sorry but I can't safely answer that question, it all depends on how you interpret the declaration. My concern is that it's titled as being rules for sports travel, appendix 4 is strangely inserted into the guidelines and imho is open to interpretation.

I would speak to one of the Portuguese immigration experts, Boldre seems popular with  people on a D7 forum.

Premium Member
(@cindyb)
Trusted Member

I am working with Gilda at Ei! I got an email back from her this morning. My concern was tourist vs business as I am working on my D7 and arriving next Tuesday. She advised "reason for travel": "tourist"; if more was needed explain you are working on your D7.

If you have a NIF, it might be good to have it handy...

1 Reply
 Cali
Premium Member
(@cali)

@cindyb Cindy good to know.

Thanks.

Community Member
(@aloha22)

Yeah, because of the covid, a lot of countries are closing their borders for foreigners. That is why traveling today isn't the best thing to do. Still, suppose you have a Covid certificate, which means you are fully vaccinated or have antibodies. In that case, these restrictions are not applied to you. For example, you can easily travel by train across Germany if you have a covid certificate. Visit https://www.dbauskunft.com/de/ for more information.

Page 5 / 5

• Serenity Banner
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

• Full access to our community Forum
  • Gain access to our 12 module ‘Moving to Portugal’ course
  • Guaranteed entry to our interactive webinars
  • Unlock hundreds of €’s in savings and freebies from our partners
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see our partners)
  • Receive community support
  • Email support
  • And last but not least, help us grow this website and community
Join Today€97 per year

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online