Filmon – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Filmon

15 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
VIP Member
Topic starter
(@paulandcarol2)

We logged in to Filmon this morning to watch BBC tv only to find that the "free SD" service is now limited to 2 minutes and we seem to have to take out a subscription to watch from today, circa 15 euros per month.

Anyone else having the same problem and, if so, is there a solution or are we all going to have to find an alternative (if so, any suggestions)?

Thanks in advance.

14 Replies
VIP Member
(@peterfc)

Hi

Google Camposat or UK4g TV both are Filmon but a better format. UK4g TV has a better TV Guide.

Lots of what was on Guest before it was taken of you can get on Youtube for example, Wheeler dealers, Salvage hunters, Deadliest catch and many more.

Peter

VIP Member
(@fleurishi)

We logged in to Filmon this morning to watch BBC tv only to find that the "free SD" service is now limited to 2 minutes and we seem to have to take out a subscription to watch from today, circa 15 euros per month.

The cheeky beggars! I thought "they've got that wrong, surely" so checked and you are correct. A while ago I was furious when Filmon stopped the download option as I want to watch programmes when it suits me and not when it is on the telly. In coohoots with Old Bloke we (well, HE really) discovered a way around this. Every month I buy 3 hours of Remote DVR for 5 Euros which gives me 4 hours recording time (as you get one hour for free). With a Firefox add-on I download the programme I want to watch to my hard drive and watch it when convenient (from the comfort of my sofa as I use a USB stick to transfer the programme from my pc to my tv). Of course you can only do this after the programme has finished but for me that is not a problem. You can record more than 4 hours a day but you have to delete recordings, before recording the next programme and stay within the 4 hours. If you stick to the one hour it is free but that excludes films and programmes longer than 1 hour.

VIP Member
(@fleurishi)

Looking at Facebook more services seem to be clamping down. <angry face>

VIP Member
(@peterfc)

Hi All

Seems Filmon, Camposat and UK4g TV are now all a paid for service so we need to find another service or download torrents or use Youtube. Not perfect but unless you want to pay or only watch a little TV as i do Youtube will do me.

Peter

Page 1 / 3

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal