Fiscal representation even if I only have a bank account? – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Fiscal representati...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Fiscal representation even if I only have a bank account?

Ade
Community Member
Topic starter
(@ade)

Hi folks!

I discovered by accident yesterday that I might need fiscal representation even though I've only just opened a bank account in Portugal and live in the UK, can this be true?

I only opened the account with Millennium Bank because I thought it would make it easier to apply for a mortgage with them, but now it looks like I may need to pay a professional to be my fiscal representative.  And the quotes I'm receiving are quite hefty, considering there'd be hardly anything for them to do, except to pass on correspondence from the tax authorities (if there is any!) to me.

Has anyone else had the same issue or aware of anything that makes my concerns, er well, unconcernable?

I think if my suspicions are correct, then I shall probably close my bank account and open one up again when I decide to move over permanently, to avoid the hassle and hefty fees, oh and the potential fines of up to €7500 for not having appointed a fiscal representative in the first place!

Thoughts please...

2 Replies

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@thomasribatejo)

After your question on GMP today, I posted the official guidance note here:

https://expatsportugal.com/community/non-eu-folk/fiscal-representation-and-brexit-2/

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@cabanastavira)

@ade

Will send a DM. Boa sorte.

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online