Fish & Chips - Not a troll :) – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Martinhall banner
  • Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Fish & Chips - Not a troll 🙂

bife
VIP Member
Topic starter
(@bife)
Reputable Member

Hi,

My daughter is 'Bifa com Alface' - born and bred here in Lisboa with a Portuguese mum, but also has a more civilised, English side (Joke)
She really, really, really, really (really, really) misses Fish and Chips which we always have when we visit Nana & Pops.
Can anyone recommend somewhere near to Lisbon?
Perhaps Cascais might have it in one of those English pubs?

PS This is not a troll to try to start a heated discussion on how UK food is crap and we have such lovely food here - I know the latter and don't agree with the former. I just want my baby to be happy 🙂

4 Replies

VIP Member
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi Bife

I know it's a long way from where you are but others closer may be glad to here about Fish and Chips. At the market at Miranda do Corvo each month is a stall that sells fresh Cod and Chips. The chips are hand cut not the frozen ones from most supermarkets. Only down side is no Mushy peas.

Peter

VIP Member
(@portofakiwi)
Estimable Member

Setubal might be good - in the sense that there are loads of Choco Frito places (Big Squid and Chips essentially) which is done well, and sure they would gladly throw in some fish instead of squid etc. (fairly sure that is a choice in many places)...?

I tried two places last weeks with guests and was surprised how nice it was, nice flavour to the oil etc. Right, better get back on the treadmill after the calorie nightmare of guests! 😉

Also I like Setubal, downtown is nice 😉

bife
VIP Member
Topic starter
(@bife)
Reputable Member

I absolutely love chocos fritos - especially from Setúbal 🙂
Actually wifey and littl'un went down to Setubal for some last weekend

bife
VIP Member
Topic starter
(@bife)
Reputable Member

Miranda do Corvo noted on my list of places to visit.

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online