Handling the housing – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Handling the housin...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Handling the housing

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@hank_2021)
Estimable Member

Hi guys.

As you probably know, in order to get a D7 visa, you must have arranged for housing BEFORE you arrive in Portugal. 

Would any of you like to share your experience handling that?

2 Replies

Premium Member
(@antifiat)
Eminent Member

I'm surprised no one has replied to your request.  I sent you a private message.

We resolved our housing situation by working with Ei!.  They have more than one solution for the housing/D7 visa issue.

The alternative solutions are to rent (site unseen) or find a sponsor who will let you stay in a guest house etc.  I'm not sure about all the legal requirements for the latter option.

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Estimable Member

@antifiat 

Hi ya!  Got the PM, thanks!

I figured it was something along those lines and was planning on working with Ei! or Savvy Cat.  I was just interested in real-life experiences of people who had made the transition already.

Seems to me that would be interesting to read about and also would be helpful for other members and lurkers on the forums.

Thanks!

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online