Hog casing – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Storage Express banner

Hog casing  

VIP Member
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi All

It may be a strange question but does any member know where i can buy Hog casing for making sausages.

Peter

7 Replies
VIP Member
(@stevej)
Noble Member

Hi Peter,

Not a strange question at all - we've been considering making our own sausages also. In the UK we bought some from our local butcher - we know butchers here make their own sausages, so they must have supplies of casings. Might be worth trying them - let us know if it works out.

Steve

1 Reply
VIP Member
(@peterfc)

Famed Member

Hi Steve

Butchers here can't make there own sausage due to the market control butchers here can supply all the various ingredients. I asked a local butcher if i prepared all my ingredients could he run them through his machine. He then went on to explain how the system works here so i am stuck. The price in the UK is something the program RIP of Britain should look at but thanks for your reply.

Peter

alan
VIP Member
(@alan)
Noble Member

I have already replied on ebeira to , but will post here as well for others on this forum.

You can get "tripa" at your local butchers. Make sure that you do not come home with the very large size that is used for chorizo etc.

1 Reply
VIP Member
(@peterfc)

Famed Member

Thanks Allan i will look into it soon

Peter

Admin
(@astridff)

A few years back I bought casings for sausages - they were dried though. I think I bought them from Agriloga...

RJJ
Community Member
(@rjj)

I'm pretty sure I have seen them in the dairy section of Pingo Doce. In like a tub of brine. Good luck though, ill keep searching but I know they have them somewhere.

1 Reply
Admin
(@astridff)

@rjj Yes I think I have seen them in Pingo too 🙂

Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • List products free of charge in Buy, Swap, Sell & Wanted
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online