Holiday letting agents for Algarve – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Holiday letting age...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx
  • Martinhall banner
  • Serenity Banner

Holiday letting agents for Algarve

Community Member
Topic starter
(@aspidistra)
Estimable Member

Morning all, next question…

I hope to rent out the house I buy in the Algarve during the summer months as a holiday let (yep, I know, got to sort out AL etc first).

Does anyone recommend any companies that let villas/houses (mine is somewhere between the two) in the Algarve or Portugal in general? I'm looking for a service that does the whole thing for you, advertises and takes the bookings etc.

I have thought about doing it through Airbnb but as I won’t be in the country while the house is being let I don’t know that I would have much come back to anyone if someone wrecked the place etc. All thoughts welcome please.

4 Replies

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@cabanastavira)

Certainly there are many companies in the Algarve who will do all that and more... at a price. We chose NOT to use one of the 'all singing and dancing' agents but somebody recommended by an estate agent. Subsequently they moved on but by word of mouth we now have an excellent 'Housekeeper'.

So:
shop around once you havce your base sorted;
use 'word of mouth' in the viciinty.

Sorry this doesn't answer your question directly but it reflects our experience.

Boa sorte

Premium Member
(@ewilling)

I agree with CabanasTavira... ask in your town amongst neighbors.  Our network in town found us a local agent for renting our home when we travel out of Portugal.  https://www.rossalgarverentals.com/

Hope this helps a little,

Eric

Community Member
Topic starter
(@aspidistra)
Estimable Member

Thanks both. It sounds like I need to be on the ground there to check companies out. Defo best to go with word of mouth, I just need to get to know some people to ask when I get there!

I expect there are less places that 'do' Silves as it isn’t a coastal resort.
If anyone reads this thread and knows of good companies who service the Silves area, do let me know who you recommend, thank you. Also looking either included or a separate thing, a cleaner, a gardener and a pool person. 

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@tygger)

Estimable Member

@aspidistra We are in the same situation as you and it does seem that you can get a better return by not having an all singing all dancing company, but initially we will be using Ideal Homes Portugal, we won't be in Portugal for much of the year and as ours will be a brand new house then we value the cost of the security provided by them.

• EI Banner
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • Serenity Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online