Medicina do trabalho - employee vs. self employed – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Medicina do trabalh...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Serenity Banner
  • spartan Fx

Medicina do trabalho - employee vs. self employed

Community Member
Topic starter
(@kiukkien)
Eminent Member

Hi,

I know that when working as an employee in Portugal you have a mandatory doctor check (medicina do trabalho) every 1-2 years. Is it the same for self employed?

thanks!

Topic Tags
4 Replies

VIP Member
(@tartntiny)
Trusted Member

Hi, the mandatory doctor check is only for workers with contracts. I have to do this every two years until age 50 and then it's every year.  When I was on green receipts this wasn't necessary.

3 Replies
Community Member
(@kiukkien)

Eminent Member

@tartntiny 

Hi,

OK, thank you. Could you please tell me what kind of checks are included? I'm curious as it is not something that I am familiar with....in my country it is required only for those people working in the food sector.

thanks again! 😀 

VIP Member
(@tartntiny)

Trusted Member

@kiukkien 

There is no clinic near my work that provides this service so they come in a van.  I hate it, it's so creepy lol!

We get a nurse now and first she does the ecg (I think this test only starts at age 40) and the blood pressure. Then we talk with the doctor.  It's really quite a joke in my opinion.  He asks questions from a form and fills it in with our answers.  

I guess later on they email some official forms to my work and that's it. I think the whole thing is strange and useless and just a money grab for the government. 

Tania

Community Member
(@kiukkien)

Eminent Member

@tartntiny 

Thanks! I agree it sounds a waste of time and wee bit too intrusive from my perspective. Health should be a private matter, not a gov or company's business.

thanks again!

• Serenity Banner
  • EI Banner
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online