Meo Wifi Router – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Meo Wifi Router

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Booking.com

Meo Wifi Router  

RSS

(@peterfc)
Famed Member VIP Member
24/01/2020 6:06 pm  

Hi All

I have for a long time had problems with my internet speed. I have a number of times filled in the Complaints book online.

Meo have now offered me a 4G wireless router but where i live the best we can get in my village is 3G. Meo promised me that the router will work on 3G.

Question has anybody had internet speed problems and been offered the 4G router and did it work.

Peter

(@lincolnbaggie)
Estimable Member Admin
18/03/2020 2:23 pm  

Late reply Peter, but a 4G router should work on a 3G network (but not the other way round), but it will only work at 3G speed which will not be very quick. Did you ever get your issue sorted?

ReplyQuote
(@peterfc)
Famed Member VIP Member
18/03/2020 7:54 pm  

Hi Bobbie

I just use the wifi router when i go out and to save from finding a local signal. At the moment i am getting 0.90mbps so life is not to bad.

Peter

ReplyQuote
 alan
(@alan)
Noble Member VIP Member
19/03/2020 12:25 am  

As I understand it Peter has no fiber connection, and is in an area that has a very weak mobile phone data signal. His only alternative is to use a satellite connection for internet but this is more expensive. As he is in an area that since the fire is mostly connected by fiber I think that his best option is to put pressure on MEO/Altice.

Alan

ReplyQuote
(@mrbife)
Honorable Member VIP Member
19/03/2020 9:02 am  

Just because there is a weak signal from MEO/Altice using 3G/4G connection doesn't mean that the area doesn't have coverage from Vodafone or NOS.  Ask a friend that has a UK Mobile on roaming to visit, turn the phone off and on again and see which provider it logs into.  Hopefully you will get a positive result.  All prices are much the same between the three main providers, just choose the one that gives you best signal.  Good Luck

ReplyQuote

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Join any Group within our Online Community
    • Get social on Zoom meet-ups and webinars
    • Include your local events in our events calendar
    • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
    • Receive exclusive member benefits and discounts from our partners
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €20 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online