Postal deliveries – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Wow Wines Banner

Postal deliveries

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@stevej)
Noble Member

Hi,

What are your experiences of postal deliveries during the Covid period - Correios, not courier deliveries. We don't get a lot of post, so it's hard to make easy comparisons, but we do know that some things sent from the UK are taking an age to get to us. For example, a regular bi-weekly magazine we get - it is now 4 weeks since the last edition arrived, and that was already 2 weeks later than it normally would arrive.

When we do get anything, it seems to be bunched up - 3 or 4 items all at once.

Is anyone else experiencing problems?

Ta,  Steve

4 Replies

Admin
(@astridff)

Hi @stevej, my situation is the other way around. I have been posting packages to the UK, Spain and even Canada and they still aren't arriving. Up to 4-5 weeks now.

I did get a delivery from Latvia via Express courier though and it arrived in a day. My lesson is to not use postal services at the moment - courier only if you can.

VIP Member
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi Steve

Parcels from the UK are arriving but with about a weeks delay. Parcels i have sent to the UK are also about a week longer than normal. I have 7 parcels left to come from China that are all taking much longer to arrive but if we have to wait it's a small price to pay at this difficult time.

Peter

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@stevej)
Noble Member

Well - what can I say. The power of expatsportugal knows no bounds. Having had nothing through the post for weeks, just hours after my posting on here we had a visit from the postie, with a local (from PT) letter; and then today another letter (UK) plus one of the missing magazines from the UK.

I don't know how you did it Astrid/Jerry, but thanks.

Steve

Admin
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

@stevej

You are welcome Steve. We just waved our magic wand 😇 😇 😇 

EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online