Promissory contract/exchange – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Promissory contract...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Serenity Banner
  • spartan Fx

Promissory contract/exchange

Community Member
Topic starter
(@aspidistra)
Estimable Member

Hi all

I have almost got to the point where the promissory contract/exchange of contracts is ready, hooray!

I know my solicitor will go through this with me but as I am doing it long distance, I would appreciate if anyone can tell me exactly which documents I will need sight of, to be sure the property is now correctly registered (it wasn’t) etc.

muito obrigada 

2 Replies

Premium Member
(@paulr)
Estimable Member

Not sure what you mean by correctly registered (it wasn’t) etc. Be careful Make sure it is NOT an offshore property and all permits are legal Extensions pools etc.

Your lawyer will check these things, but ask him the question Is it legal .

If later you find a problem then you asked the question and the lawyer got it wrong. You could claim against the lawyer. You are aware that at the promissory stage you would loose your deposit if you backed out and the seller would have to pay you double if they pulled out assuming they have any money ????

1 Reply
Community Member
(@aspidistra)

Estimable Member

@paulr thanks for that, Paul. It should be all good now, just wanting to know what documents I see at this point, eg deeds? etc.

Yes, the money side of the promissory is quite scary but it goes both ways I think. 

The seller is also keen everything is done properly as some irregularities in the past have had to be sorted out before she could sell.
I am happy with my lawyer but just want to know what to check for myself at this point. 

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Serenity Banner
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online