satellite dilema – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Serenity Banner
  • spartan Fx

satellite dilema

Page 1 / 2

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@santaanita)
Prominent Member

my head is hurting so i need some help,a stange thing has happend to my satelite reception and i just cant get my head around it.
i have had a good reception on all the channels itv bbc etc,but last week we went away and on our return we had lost all channels on the new astra2e and 2f sats all the old channels sky news pick cbs etc are stiil there,now i know what your going to think that the signal strengh to the new one has dropped,but heres the thing we can still get channel4 and channel4 plus1,as they are on astra 2e then why can i not get anything else.it get worse for my old head as this is on a old sky box,i have tried 2 freesat boxes i a 220 euro telves box and one a humax and they can not find any not even the channel4 that i still get on the old sky box.i have tried new transponder numbers movd the dish i have tried everything it just does not make sence to me .
help if poss cheers

7 Replies

VIP Member
(@richardhenshall)
Noble Member

Have you developed a fault in the cable or LNB? Have spiders taken up residence in the feedhorn?

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@santaanita)
Prominent Member

no pesky crittars tried a new lnb and another box can still only get channel4 on the new sat,dish has defo not moved,i am now heading of to the woods to cut down every tree in site that might be stopping line of site,but why oh bloody why am i still getting channel 4 so clear but not even a tickle on all the others.and just to make things worse we have got another bout of termites been hoovering the blighters up since yesterday.

VIP Member
(@ken-smith)
Estimable Member

Just a thought but are you using a single cable or two from the LNB to your decoder? Channel 4, which you are getting is transmitted on the UK spot beam using horizontal polarisation but the other channels i.e. BBC and ITV are broadcast using vertical polarisation. If you are using two outputs from the LNB it could be that the cable or connector carrying the vertically polarised component signal is faulty.

VIP Member
(@crazy-russian)
Illustrious Member

dont worry about it
you havent missed anything

the election is over
another party will preside for 5 years or so (depends on the SNP MPs who represent 1m Scots)
nothing will change

and no one interviewed last week before or after the election actually gave an answer to any questions asked

(so same performance as we have endured over entire campaign)

Page 1 / 2

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Serenity Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online