Schist Houses – Property & Real Estate Related – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Live and Invest Portugal

Schist Houses  

RSS

(@ladylock)
New Member Community Member
04/08/2020 3:18 pm  

Hello!

A while back I was researching buying a ruin, and I came across a bit of info saying that all schist houses are basically protected, and require special permits to renovate.  Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks 🙂

(@doode67)
New Member VIP Member
07/09/2020 1:58 pm  

We live in a renovated schist house that was revamped about 40 year ago. My son has bought a ruined schist house ( no roof, and falling down walls) and has had an architect design a rebuild and submission to planning. It would seem that permission to rebuild is based upon the age of the ruin. If it is over 70 years old ie. before 1952, then it is usual for planning to be agreed. A younger ruin than that and there might be problems. 

I hope that this helps. 

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by doode67

GeoffTWG liked
ReplyQuote
(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
08/09/2020 8:55 am  

I just Googled Schist Houses as I wasn't too sure exactly what it meant and our old house is made from stone but not this kind. What beautiful buildings. 

https://www.centerofportugal.com/destination/schist-villages/

ReplyQuote

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online