So you’re on-in a desert island © – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
So you’re on-in a d...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx

So you’re on-in a desert island ©

Page 1 / 37

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@mrforja)
Famed Member

I dedicate the desert island topic to a very dear friend of mine my old neighbour back in the UK Paul. I don’t miss much about the old country but him and his family I do.
Many a time we would be working in his garage on one project or another and late into the night well morning really, consuming a few tinnies on the way and then hit what was to me a major problem and he would step back and you would hear the sound of another ring pull on a can of boddies and it would then go quiet and then he would say so your on a desert island and you don’t have a spline extractor or what ever bit of kit we needed what can we do? And before you know it he would of made something to do the job good on yer mate 10-2-9

So you’re on a desert island ©

Well your living in Portugal

And before I get a load of abuse it’s a joke :D I do not think Portugal is, in any way near a desert island, but some of us who live out in the sticks, might be having difficulty getting the bits and peaces we could easily put or hands on in the uk to solve a problem, it could be from a household cleaning to making something. So hers my fist tip.

Vinegar is great for cleaning surfaces such as glass that you want to be smear free - if you have an old spray bottle fill it with half vinegar and half water for a great window and mirror cleaner and its cheap.

184 Replies

VIP Member
(@digger)
Illustrious Member

Newspaper is a good window cleaner!

Wash the window with water and the tiniest squirt of fairy, then wipe it dry with a scrunched up page.

VIP Member
(@pureportugal)
Noble Member

i scrunch up newspaper, put a bit of vinegar on and then wipe the windows ... but not very often i must admit - i hate cleaning windows :(

lemon juice is a great toilet cleaner, especially if you have a septic tank and can't use chemicals. i don't clean the toilet either though (ours is a wooden box over a hole in the ground).

VIP Member
(@rooster)
Estimable Member

So you’re on a desert island

Vinegar is great for cleaning surfaces such as glass that you want to be smear free - if you have an old spray bottle fill it with half vinegar and half water for a great window and mirror cleaner and its cheap.

I've heard this tip before - doesn't the vinegar smell?

VIP Member
(@pureportugal)
Noble Member

only for a few mins after you've used it

Page 1 / 37

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€37 / €347 Month / Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€17 / €97 Month / Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online