The moral to the story IS – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
The moral to the st...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Serenity Banner
  • spartan Fx

The moral to the story IS

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi All

A story of a biker friend of mine. Let's call him Dave, Dave only has two motorbikes but no car so when he orders something to be delivered it's important it's delivered to his address.

Yes it's a GLS story. To save a 19 kilometre drive the driver went to a bar in Gois and left Dave's parcel there and said nothing to his company or the recipient so Dave was left waiting. After a while he complained and after an enquiry Screwfix found that the driver said it had been delivered.

Yes it was but how was the recipient expected to know where his parcel had been delivered to when it's 19 kilometres away.

The moral to the story is, I will leave that to the reader to make there own mind up.

Now my story, I ordered a part for my car. It was to be delivered to the garage that was doing the job for me. DPD are the company and guess what despite the fact the garage is on a main road and the garage is a huge place not a little back street place. After not finding the garage I got an email from DPD to check the address and I told them the address from the business card I was given. Guess what the driver couldn't find the garage again so they sent it back to the sender in the UK. After waiting oh my parcel to be delivered I contacted the garage because they have not told me anything. I was shocked to hear that the parcel hadn't arrived so I contacted DPD who told me it's been sent back to the UK. I now had to arrange a Courier again but this time it was sent to me instead and via Pharosparcels and UPS. It arrived on time and is now at the garage that DPD couldn't find.

Peter

3 Replies

moi
VIP Member
(@moi)
Reputable Member

Just to add-Interparcel are a very good value parcel delivery service.
www.interparcel.com

Input your requirements and you'll get a choice of prices/companies/services

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@peterfc)
Famed Member

Hi Moi

Thing only go wrong when I have no control of the choice of courier. I have three parcels all via Pharosparcels.co.uk and everyone in coming via UPS and will arrive on time. One company I use for my Spices have now changed courier to Pharosparcels because they are so efficient.

It's only when I use a new company who won't let me use a courier of my choice I have problems.

Peter

moi
VIP Member
(@moi)
Reputable Member

OK. With 'interparcel' you do get a choice of companies and they are very competitive. Thought it was worth alerting folk who need things sent from UK.

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner
  • Serenity Banner
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

• Full access to our community Forum
  • Gain access to our exclusive 12 module ‘Moving to Portugal’ video content
  • Guaranteed entry to our interactive webinars
  • Unlock hundreds of €’s in savings and freebies from our partners
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see our partners)
  • Receive community support
  • Email support from Expats Portugal team
  • And last but not least, help us grow this website and community
Join Today€97 per year

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online