Transfer service for Porto – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Transfer service fo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Serenity Banner
  • spartan Fx

Transfer service for Porto

Page 1 / 3

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@hank_2021)
Reputable Member

Hi everyone,

Konni and I are arriving next week and will need a transfer service from the Porto airport to our apartment in VNG to carry us, our cats, and luggage.

Does anyone have any good recommendations?

See you guys soon!

23 Replies

Bert
Premium Member
(@bert)
Reputable Member

Have a great guy who transferred me from Lisbon and you could reach out to see if he knows anyone from Porto but otherwise that would be very expensive. 

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Reputable Member

@bert I think I know of whom you speak! He is very popular on the FB expat forums. If we were near Lisbon, we would definitely hit him up. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Premium Member
(@misticjeff)
Estimable Member

Hey Hank,

Contact this guy and see if he can do it.  He transferred me and my haul (3 xtra large duffels, carryons, etc but no cats) €23

Joao Fonseca

Whatsapp - +351 966 678 384

ps - get used to Whatsapp cause you'll live by it here!

4 Replies
Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Reputable Member

@misticjeff I think that is going to be the dude! I will send him a text and see what we can do. Thanks!

Premium Member
(@misticjeff)

Estimable Member
Posted by: @hank_2021

@misticjeff I think that is going to be the dude! I will send him a text and see what we can do. Thanks!

Lemme know how it goes....

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Reputable Member

@misticjeff Contact made, price quoted for 20 Euros for two cats, 2 carry-on items, 2 personal items, and 5 checked bags, 2 humans.

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Reputable Member

@misticjeff Text sent...will let you know how it works out!

Ralf
Premium Member
(@ralf)
Estimable Member

Hank - If we were already moved to North Portugal I would have gladly picked you and Konni and your stuff up. But Alas, you are arriving a few months before we are. You must be very excited at this point. 

1 Reply
Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Reputable Member

@ralf Very, very generous of you! When you do arrive, please hit us up and we can share a meal and some drinks!

Premium Member
(@crecarole)
Trusted Member

Hi, All:  It sounds like Joao is a great choice. I might call him myself if he does long hauls.   I did some extensive research on this because I have a 1 and 1/2 hour drive to my new home.  I looked at a bunch of transfer services and renting a car.  Jeez, the rental is ridiculous one way, and I will be exhausted and frazzled, coming in with a very upset 16 year old kitty. (Please, may she survive this move.....it is so worrisome....)  The best company I found to drive me all that way was SunTransfers.  It was a cost of about 143 EU.  Considering that a shuttle in the WDC area wanted $175 to drive me 40 miles from [former] home to the airport, that really wasn't bad.  Ultimately, I (think) I've decided to rent a car for one full week, because the price is less the longer you keep it.  Don't know how flawed my reasoning might be, but getting set up in a new apt that is only partially furnished, and before my stuff comes, I am going to need to buy stuff.  Having a car the first week will help me achieve that without having to rely on public transportation with big and possibly heavy bags - i.e., tv.  I had planned to NOT have a car after my move, but I don't know how long that will last.  My cost for the one way use, with an automatic, is close to $1K.  That is utterly ridiculous.  I know it's because it's an automatic, and because it is a one way use.  I haven't definitely decided yet, but it SEEMED to make sense to suck it up and keep a car for a week to get settled in.....still working on this!  Maybe Joao is the way to go.  Thanks for the suggestion!

3 Replies
Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Reputable Member

@crecarole Wow! Joao quoted us 20 euros for us and our stuff (see above reply to Jeff)

Premium Member
(@crecarole)

Trusted Member

@hank_2021 that's an incredible price.  I just What's Apped him.  Thanks!

Premium Member
(@hank_2021)

Reputable Member

@crecarole Hi ya!

Slight correction to the price, they thought we meant Av. da Republica in Matosinhos, but we are actually on the one in Gaia. So, the price came to 25 Euros instead of 20. Still, no complaints here. They were great and waited for us while we had to file a lost baggage form.

Page 1 / 3

• EI Banner
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online