Vintage Hifi Shops? – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

Vintage Hifi Shops?

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@michael_tn)
Trusted Member

Bom Dia,

I am wondering if anyone is aware of any vintage hifi shops in Portugal? I like to dabble around with old gear and find it fun wandering around old shops. Thanks

Michael

5 Replies

Ask Our Expats Consultant
(@pamalcobaca)

In normal times (remember those!?) we have a monthly second hand market in Alcobaça and there is usually a stall with old record players, radios etc. There are also usually lots of old vinyl records available. I think most reasonable sized towns have a similar market.

There is also a large second hand shop nearby in Alfeizerão that is mainly furniture, but they have a bit of everything and is excellent for a rummage. Also one in Vestiaria... 

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@michael_tn)
Trusted Member

@PamAlcobaca Thanks, When we get back to whatever passes for normal I'll start cruising the second hand markets.

1 Reply
(@anavieira)

@michael_tn

Hello!

Before covid, we had a very traditional market, where everybody takes his things to sell second hand.
It is called «Feira da Bagageira», also available at Cascais Market. 
It means people just open their car doors and sell the things they bring.

You can follow information online:
facebook.com/feiradabagageira

https://www.cascais.pt/evento/feira-da-bagageira-0

They also have an online event for the same but i dont know how it works 🙂

Hope it helps!

Ana

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@michael_tn)
Trusted Member

@AnaVieira  Yes, we have them in the states in some places as well. There, they are sometimes called swap meet. Thank you for the FB link. 

(@thomasandmatthew)

Hi there

If you poke around a little, particularly in less "modern" towns of medium to large size, you'll come across independent and unaffiliated repair places, and they often have old radios, TVs, etc which people have never collected, or no longer wanted, for sale.  There's no easy way to recommend specifics here, but if you're wandering through older streets with little independent shops, keep your eyes peeled!

Thomas

Discover the beautiful Ribatejo!
facebook.com/groups/ribatejoliving

Need help with planning, surveys and restoration?  Contact us!
reabilitejo.pt or facebook.com/reabilitejo

spartan Fx

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online