Well Done – Miscellaneous – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx

Well Done

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@ali-gator)
Illustrious Member

I would like to praise the following PT companies’ services: -

1. We purchased a washing machine from Worten’s which has a 2 year warrantee which expires in September this year. Last Thursday, the programme dial decided it was going into default mode. This Monday, we went to Worten’s in the Algarve Shopping Centre and was politely dealt with. On Tuesday, we received a telephone call advising that the engineer would call at our PT property between 2.30 pm - 6.00pm today.The engineer arrived at 4.00 PM and put a temporary service onto the w.machine. He has ordered a spare part from Italy, which hopefully, will arrive next Wednesday. Now no one can say other than what a very good service.

2. Given that just myself and Mr Gator when we are in PT use the internet these days. The service we had with Clix/Optimus we simply were not using to is full capacity and therefore, paying far too much for a service that is no longer compatible for our needs. We popped into the Optimus shop in the Algarve Shopping Centre and without any fuss, changed over to a new package called WOW for under half the price we were paying. Has any other member got the WOW 4G package? For those that have not, with WOW, you do not have a PT main line, instead a WFi modem as small as a mobile and the phone is a mobile. “Touch Wood” we are really pleased with the system. You can have 3 different packages tailored to your needs. At the moment there is a promotion deal on, on the modem and phone i.e. over half price cheaper than what it is going to be the normal price.

Ali

2 Replies

VIP Member
(@victoria1st)
Noble Member

Excellent news Ali and that is a positive example of how things do/can work here.

Hubby had a couple of 'incidents' with electrical goods. Hubby is very fond of two things ... his coffee machine and his ice machine. Sadly both have had to be replaced due to faults. Coffee machine was bought in Spain so ... what can I say ..

Radio Popular replaced his ice machine 1 year and 50 weeks after purchase with a new one, that's two weeks within the guarantee. Box gave him his money back after 6 months, no questions asked. All within warranty.

Vobis also repaired a printer he bought the week the warranty expired.

VIP Member
(@itsmeagain)
Noble Member

The Portuguese 2 year warranty is very useful, but I think both of your stories, Ali and Victoria, also demonstrate the caring nature of the Portuguese people who will look after you when you hit troubles.

OK, not all of them, but the friendly and caring nature of the people is why I came here. Far more important than the weather and a clear reason why I didn't choose to buy a place in Spain.

• Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online