Airport Pickup – Moving to Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• Martinhall banner
  • Wow Wines Banner
  • spartan Fx

Airport Pickup

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@ryanfromzion)

Hello,

Planning to relocate to Portugal in the coming months and wanted to see if anyone in this group knows of a reliable and cost effective way of being "received" at the airport? 

I ask as I will be a single traveller with a fair amount of luggage and most importantly a dog/dog carrier...i think i may need an extra hand (and larger vehicle for the dog carrier) when I arrive.

I would need a service that can help me when i land and transport to an address somewhere in Lisbon.

Please let me know if anyone has some info.

Thanks

Ryan

6 Replies

Zoom
(@zoom)

I've used a service called mydaytrip.com recently for rides to and from airports in Italy, and they worked out well, though they aren't cheap. You can get a custom quote for any "unusual" requirements. They're pet-friendly and have English-speaking drivers. You can get a van for a higher price (usually around 40-50 euros).

4 Replies
Premium Member
(@ryanfromzion)

@zoom thank you! I made a special request via their webtool and post what i find out.

Premium Member
(@ryanfromzion)

They declined to provide a quote for a pickup at Lisbon airport to campo de ourique, saying it was to short a distance. That said, when i searched for mydaytrip.com a bunch of ads were listed, so i think ateast one of those would work out. 

Zoom
(@zoom)

@ryanfromzion sorry, I didn't realize you were looking for a local pickup - that site proves city to city or airport rides.

Premium Member
(@ryanfromzion)

@zoom no worries, all good 🙂 

Doing the google search of your suggestion resulted in many other options...im sure one of those will work out. 

Thanks again for helping out!

Premium Member
(@charw23)
Trusted Member

Hey Ryan. Send me a message and I will share name and contact email and phone (whatsapp) for the guy who grabbed us, and helped transport our giant dog carrier and 95 lb yellow lab!!! 😎 

Char

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online