Golden Visa changes - rural only? – Moving to Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Golden Visa changes...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Golden Visa changes - rural only?  

RSS

(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
09/02/2020 11:34 am  

My husband works for a large real estate company here in Portugal and told me on Friday of changes to the "Golden Visa" scheme. For people wanting to enter Portugal on this scheme now, it is only eligible on the purchase of property in "rural" areas. Has anyone else heard about this? 

(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
10/02/2020 1:28 pm  

Here is an article confirming the change in the Golden Visa program. Interested to see what is going to happen next.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/politics/news/portugal-ends-golden-visas-in-lisbon-and-porto/

ReplyQuote
(@eric-ok-mate)
Estimable Member VIP Member
10/02/2020 3:17 pm  

Are there specific / nominated estate agents that deal in Golden Visa's ... and if so - where is the list? Also - has anyone here had experience of selling to a Golden Visa? 

ReplyQuote
(@ridgerunners732)
Eminent Member Premium Member
05/09/2020 8:52 pm  

We're new to the site. I am assuming (help me out here) that 'RURAL' means outside any city or sizeable town limits, with Porto and Lsbon, proper, being totally excluded. Is there any map delineating how far from the and Porto/Lisbon city limits is Golden Visa viable?  Thanks, anyone! Janet & Amos

ReplyQuote
(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
08/09/2020 8:44 am  

@ridgerunners732 the different tiers of Golden Visa and purchase requirements are:

€280,000 – This level of investment is available only for properties in low population density areas;
€350,000 – At this level of investment, you can purchase Real Estate located in urban areas, but only properties constructed more than 30 years ago and in need of refurbishment. The sum for property and reconstruction must reach the 350k minimum investment.
€500,000 – All types of Real Estate investments available

As far as "maps", I haven't seen anything like that and would gather working with a good real estate agent or a company like Enjoy-Portugal.com would be a great place to start.

ReplyQuote
 Milu
(@milu)
New Member Community Member
08/09/2020 8:54 am  

My husband is in the application process of a Golden Visa, and he opted for the 350k route.  The properties are in Tomar and one is in the rural area (Casais), the other is in the historic zone.  They qualify as they are designated as areas of rehabitalization (not sure of the exact word).   Lisbon and Porto, as well as many other cities, are already saturated but lots of smaller and medium-sized city properties still qualify, and it's easy to get that designation from the local city hall.   We are going through the process with the help of a lawyer, and it's not easy but we have our fingers crossed that we'll be successful.

ReplyQuote
(@astridff)
Active Member Admin
08/09/2020 8:57 am  

@milu thanks for your input. Very helpful and good luck.

ReplyQuote

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online