Long Term rental villas – Moving to Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx
  • Serenity Banner

Long Term rental villas

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@d-ryan)

We are seriously considering moving to Portugal.
However before we buy I want to rent for 12 months. Seems sensible as within that time we can get a real feel for which area we may want to settle in. Problem is I know most landlords prefer summer rentals for higher yield. I get that no problem.
However could anyone advise me or point towards a landlord/agency that will consider a 12 month term.

I realise there maybe a higher monthly payment due to compensating for summer months.

Would love to hear from anyone with experience in this area

I want to rent near loule. Ideally Quinta Do Lago. I know that's very expensive so happy anywhere near

Thanks in Advance

4 Replies

VIP Member
(@philipmarieta)

We are seriously considering moving to Portugal.
However before we buy I want to rent for 12 months. Seems sensible as within that time we can get a real feel for which area we may want to settle in. Problem is I know most landlords prefer summer rentals for higher yield. I get that no problem.
However could anyone advise me or point towards a landlord/agency that will consider a 12 month term.

I realise there maybe a higher monthly payment due to compensating for summer months.

Would love to hear from anyone with experience in this area

I want to rent near loule. Ideally Quinta Do Lago. I know that's very expensive so happy anywhere near

Thanks in Advance

Hi there.

We're going through a similar effort at the moment, albeit in a completely different area, so the economics might be different. We're looking at the Gouveia area. Having said that, we managed to get in touch with several folks who have summer rentals and general found them very open to longer term. As I said, it might be different elsewhere, but we found most of them would be happy to give a 12 month contract at the same monthly rate as a high season week. So it worked out well for us. It could of course be that the occupancy rates in our area are much lower during high season than elsewhere, thus a long term rent present a better yield.

Hope you find something

Philip

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@d-ryan)

Thanks for reply. Settles my mind a bit that possibilities are there

If anyone has knows any body that would be great. Ive tried a few online agents but always good to hear from people in same situation

Regards

VIP Member
(@maria-jose)
Trusted Member

Hi someone posted this website on the "property" forum, "short term rentals". www.custojusto.pt

There seems to be some rental listings there.

VIP Member
(@jprocter)
Trusted Member

we found it hard getting a house to let . we have had house 15yrs in Almancil we are going to put it up for sale it is a small modern cottage

• Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • Serenity Banner
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers
  • EI Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

• Full access to our community Forum
  • Gain access to our exclusive 12 module ‘Moving to Portugal’ video content
  • Guaranteed entry to our interactive webinars
  • Unlock hundreds of €’s in savings and freebies from our partners
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see our partners)
  • Receive community support
  • Email support from Expats Portugal team
  • And last but not least, help us grow this website and community
Join Today€97 per year

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online