MGEN Portugal private health Insurance – Moving to Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx
  • Serenity Banner

MGEN Portugal private health Insurance

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@blaze451)

Hi,

Has anyone used MGEN for their private Insurance as an individual?

It seems to be a good deal but while I was looking over their website I found the following (google translated)-

Who can subscribe to an MGEN health plan? MGEN health plans can only be subscribed by companies, by beneficiaries of an open group that has signed a protocol with MGEN, and by their respective households.

So it makes it sound like a member of the general public cant take out a policy unless their in some group or company?

4 Replies

Premium Member
(@antifiat)
Trusted Member

We have a policy through MGEN.  It is for a husband and wife (family).  I don't think you should have any problem.  

2 Replies
Premium Member
(@alleycat)

Trusted Member

@antifiat Hi Folks, we're searching for a good insurance plan, interested in MGEN but are having difficulty finding a proper website in English to the company...did you sign up with an English speaking agent that you could point us to, or have a direct website for this company in English? Please and thank you!

Premium Member
(@antifiat)

Trusted Member

@alleycat please contact @anavieira in the forum. She can help you through the process. Nothing but wonderful.

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@blaze451)

great thanks. Did you apply for it yourself or did you use a 3rd party for assistance in applying. My portuguese is basic at best so have to rely on google translate as they dont seem to have an english version of their website.

• Serenity Banner
  • Sovereign Group Leaderboard
  • EI Banner
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum.

NEW Premium Plus

All the benefits of Premium Membership

PLUS unlock the Expats Portugal Plan, our comprehensive, interactive, step by step, “move to Portugal” online course hosted by Carl Munson.

JOIN TODAY

Premium

• Full access to our community Forum
  • Gain access to our exclusive 12 module ‘Moving to Portugal’ video content
  • Guaranteed entry to our interactive webinars
  • Unlock hundreds of €’s in savings and freebies from our partners
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see our partners)
  • Receive community support
  • Email support from Expats Portugal team
  • And last but not least, help us grow this website and community
Join Today€97 per year

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online