Moving back to UK - Removal companies - Page 3 – Moving to Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

• spartan Fx

Moving back to UK - Removal companies

Page 3 / 3

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@marilia)
Eminent Member

Apologises for putting this message probably in the wrong topic area, but can anyone recommend a good removal company to take back boxes of personal belongings from Lourinha (silver costa) area to Peterborough area (Lincolnshire)?

When we moved here we used Transportugal but now going back it seems that we are being quoted for "more extras" for practically the same service as before.

Thanks
Marilia

12 Replies

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@marilia)
Eminent Member

Yes I'm aware that since I'm bringing back just personal belongings and no furniture that it will be a problem to get a reasonable quote - from my experience transporting furniture and any white goods, is really expensive, and so from a cost point of view it's really not worth bringing them back, but then leaving them here brings the added problem of things smelling of mould when one comes back from holidays! oh the joys of owning a place in Portugal. If only I could sell it all but unfortunately there really isn't a second hand market where you can sell your good quality furniture here.

VIP Member
(@chas-linda)
Illustrious Member

OLX

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@marilia)
Eminent Member

OLX from my experience is a complete waste of time, I've been able to sell a lot of stuff in ebay compared to OLX - the Portuguese market are too proud to buy secondhand goods, and the joke of it is that they expect to sell stuff at their original price! They don't have any concept about selling at secondhand prices and refuse to bring the price down. Maybe other people have had a positive experience from OLX but sadly I haven't.

Page 3 / 3

• EI Banner
  • Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Plus

Exclusive member-only content
€347 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Access to our private online Group
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • Weekly Q&A call with Carl Munson
  • Personal support
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online