Passport expiration date issue – Moving to Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Passport expiration date issue

Riri
Community Member
Topic starter
(@riri)

I read that your passport needs to be good for 1 year and 3 months upon arrival in Portugal if you have just moved there with a residency visa - is that correct?

If my husband and I leave summer 2022 we will need to renew his passport before it expires in order for it to be valid 1 year and 3 months upon arrival.

Thanks for any info! 😀 

3 Replies

Premium Member
(@belindaa)

I would definitely renew it before you leave.  That way you don't have to worry about renewing it in Portugal it after you move.  It's just one less thing you have to worry about after you move. 

MaxG
Premium Member
(@maxgravy)
Estimable Member

We're coming from the US and using Ei! The checklist they supplied us says our passports need to be valid for 1 year at the time we apply for the D7 visa. 

Anonymous

Better safe than sorry. Renew before you come. A friend's passport was "lost" for 6 months when he sent it for renewal! 

@peggyL

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online