Protecting Against Identity Theft as an Expat – Moving to Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Blevins Franks banner

Protecting Against Identity Theft as an Expat  

Premium Member
Topic starter
(@let-t-speak)

Hi there!

I am a Fraud Quality Risk Analyst at a bank in the U.S. and with the increasing risk of identity theft, I am curious to know what other expats have experienced once you have moved to Portugal?  Has anyone found that the freezes negatively impacted your life once you have moved to Portugal in the beginning or is cash king?

We continue to renew our credit freezes with the 3 reporting agencies and ChexSystems, to avoid in lines of credit or bank accounts being opened in our name.  I prefer to not pay for a service, but will if needed.

My concern is if we pay for a mail service, they may chuck something thinking it is advertising when it is actually a "Welcome Packet" for a fraudulent bank account or credit card that we did not open and a fraudster ruin our credit or rack up debt in our names using our SSN.

Any input is appreciated!

Obrigada!

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you renew your membership.

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online