Range cookers – Moving to Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Wow Wines Banner

Range cookers

Page 1 / 2

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@alison-kearin)
Estimable Member

I want to buy a range cooker. Gas hob, double electric oven plus grill. I don't want a modern looking one like the fitted ones in Ikea. It needs to be stand alone and look like the rustic old fashioned ones.

The ones I have seen in the local shops have the gas bottle in one side but we want it separate.

Does anyone know where I can get one preferably Central Portugal.

I will try and attach a picture of the type of thing but want black. No doesn't work!

http://www.rangecookers.co.uk/rangemast ... ,2513.aspx

8 Replies

VIP Member
(@chas-linda)
Illustrious Member

I think you'll have to import, you rarely find mixed gas/electric, take a print into your local Tien 21, Euronics, Wortens or independent and I'm pretty sure the answer will be no.

Rangemaster have a PT & Spanish agent try them
Portugal:
Joro Lda
Rua 5
Outubro 2000
8134 Almancil
Portugal
Tel: + 351 289 390830
Fax: + 351 289 390839
Web: http://www.joro.pt/pt/index.html

1 Reply
Community Member
(@scubajo)

@chas-linda HI !   Joro no longer exist , the PT rep is now  AGABras, Lda . try there site  agaportugal.com 

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@alison-kearin)
Estimable Member

Thank you!

VIP Member
(@mrbife)
Honorable Member

If you import make sure you specify that the you want burner jets for bottled gas as they are different from those supplied for 'town gas' which is standard in the UK

VIP Member
Topic starter
(@alison-kearin)
Estimable Member

Thanks.

I know they include the conversion kit to LPG (Butane and Propane).

I have emailed the company above requesting information on cost, conversion to propano and delivery and fitting.

The UK Range master company will deliver to PT but you then have to find your own courier and ensure that it is export packed so would be easier through a PT agent.

1 Reply
Community Member
(@scubajo)

@alison-kearin  one of the most important things when you import your own cooker is that you will loose your guarantee, does your UK RM company tel you that ?  what if you have a breakdown ? who do you call then ?

Page 1 / 2

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you continue to renew your membership. By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online