Registering For Residence Cert. Before Dec 2020/End Of Trans. Period – Moving to Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Premium Member benefit

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

FWM Banner Ad

Registering For Residence Cert. Before Dec 2020/End Of Trans. Period  

Community Member
Topic starter
(@woodbine)

With Reference to a couple of other threads on here I have a slightly mad plan to arrive from UK, rent a flat ot small house and apply for Residence Cert/CRUE before the Brexit transition period ends.

Would I have to show 3 months of living in Portugal before I can apply for the Residence cert.? Or can I just turn up and register?

This may all be academic as it's proving difficult to rent a small flat or house in the whole of Portugal. If anyone knows of anything available to rent I would be very grateful.

Thanks to all.

2 Replies

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member

I've replied on your other post about the 3 month requirement.

There are loads of rentals available in the central area, it may not be where you want to be, but think of it as a stepping stone to get registered before heading off to your chosen area.

Have you tried this site for a suitable rental?

https://www.idealista.pt/en/geo/arrendar-casas/centro/?ordem=precos-asc

1 Reply
Community Member
(@woodbine)

@old-bloke     Thanks again and apologies for all the questions. I'm not really worried where I start renting a flat or house. I'll have a look at the link in your post.

Ei! Migration Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for access to the forum and social meet-ups.

Premium

The first year’s donation is only €47 with a 50% discount every year you renew your membership.

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks.

Less than €4 per monthJoin Today

Copyright © 2021 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online