Reliable Internet Connectivity. - Page 11 – Moving to Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Reliable Internet Connectivity.

65 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
14.6 K Views
VIP Member
Topic starter
(@phil-austin)

Following on from a few threads I've read concerning Internet connection, here is a piece of news that could improve matters considerably in the very near future, costs permitting.

A new saterlite constellation orbiting on the equator with a reach of 45 degrees north and south.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/O3b-Netw ... 1116461131

http://www.o3bnetworks.com/welcome-to-o3b

64 Replies
VIP Member
(@joe-k)
VIP Member
(@nickallport)

I can feel a juicy court action coming on. Anyone want to join me? It's about time this company woke up and starting treating it's customers like, well, customers.

How interesting, we also got a letter from lawyer threatening court action to recover the €258 MEO cancellation fee.

We have a lawyer friend in Lisbon who has already responded and thinks that will be the end it, however I will happily have my day in court if that's what it comes to.

You know you have 8 days to respond to that letter right?

VIP Member
(@hartmill)

I was with PT until about 6 months ago, because there was no alternative available. We moved here over 6 years ago and during that time received virtually no help whatsoever with an appallingly slow internet from Sapo. Initially we chose the 8meg "service" After about a year with no response to complaints of slow speed we went to the 4meg "service". I am not aware of any time during the 6 years when we received better that 1meg. After about three years we had a visit from a sales agent, who said we would receive a better service if we switched to their business offering, and like a fool I believed it. We switched and the internet became almost un-useable. As I had been assured we could try the option at no cost if it didn´t work, we cancelled the contract. I was pursued for 6 months for a fee of €40, which the sales person assured me I did not owe. When I was threatened with court action I paid up. When WOW became available to me I switched, and now have an excellent internet and phone service, and even a decent and responsive help line. I would never use PT if there is ANY choice.

VIP Member
(@spownall)

Thanks for all the comments.

I think I'd actually like PT to take me to court. I have a very thick file of info waiting to be used :twisted:

And you never know, might get some publicity out of it showing what PT are really like.

VIP Member
(@chas-linda)

or might lose the case because PT will in T&C have a nice clause saying they can't guarantee a service for no doubt endless reasons that will cover them :)

Page 11 / 13

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Join our community for Free, or subscribe for exclusive member-only content, support and hundreds of €’s in savings

Your membership comes with a 14-day, no-risk, money back guarantee. Love it or we’ll refund your money.

Community Member

Full access to our community Forum
FREE
  • Full access to community Forum

Premium Member

Exclusive member-only content
€97 Year
  • Full access to community Forum
  • Browse the forum advertising-free (only see our partners)
  • Unlock your ‘12 part Moving to Portugal" guide
  • Guaranteed entry to our webinars
  • Savings & freebies from our partners
  • Receive community support
  • Personal email support
  • Receive exclusive video content
  • And help us grow this website and community
Popular

Premium Plus

• We are no longer taking applicants for this program
  • Look out for new features on our new site coming soon

Copyright © 2022 Expats Portugal