Removals and Storage? – Moving to Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum
Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either log in or register to join in the conversation.

If you are a forum member from the old site and have not reset your password yet, please click on "Lost your password?" on the login page.

Reis & Pellicano International Lawyers

Removals and Storage?  

Premium Member
(@wayneb)
Eminent Member

We are moving over shortly but won’t have our house complete for 8-12 months.

Are there any recommendations for removals from the UK and storage in central Portugal near Porto de Mos (Leiria district)?

6 Replies
Community Member
(@peggyl)
Trusted Member

check with Algarve Express--UK: 0044 (0)1268 723601   

ALGARVE: 00351 289 393707

I can highly recommend them. They moved us from a townhouse that we had used as a holiday home for 3 years into a larger retirement home. They were very careful with the furniture. Nothing was damaged or broken or lost. The workers were pleasant and clean. They were on-time and very professional. Welcome to Portugal. 

Oh, if the builder told you 9months to a year for a new house, you can plan of 12 - 18 months. The Portuguese are very laid-back and in no rush to get things done. Life is a lot slower here. If a worker says that will "see you tomorrow", it might be 2 days, it might be 3 days and there is the rare possibility it will actually be the next day. A projected 9 am arrival is more like after lunch.  They are not being deceptive or lying on purpose. That's just the pace that works for them. We learned to "go with the slower flow" during an extensive renovation of our house.

Best of luck

Peggy

Premium Member
(@wayneb)
Eminent Member

Thanks Peggy, we will keep them in mind. We will need to Move and store some stuff here for that 12-18 months if you are correct then. We are happy to wait until it’s all done and have already fully embraced the slower pace (one of the reasons we are here!). 

4 Replies
Premium Member
(@andydoc)

@wayneb Alternatively do what we are doing, buy a trailer and drive. We will be getting the Santander ferry on 21, stay in Guarda on the night of 22, stay in an airbnb leiria Sunday 23rd and pick up our keys for long term rental 24th!

But then I am slightly mad...

Look us up when you get to Leiria

Premium Member
(@wayneb)

Eminent Member

@andydoc hi, we are already here in a place near Porto de Mos. We are living with friends until we can get our house built. We have just closed on some land with planning permission, but need to return to the UK to pick up the car and organize the removals. Our problem is it’s too bulky to get over ourselves and need to have it stored, which could be up to a year or so until the build is complete. 

Premium Member
(@andydoc)

@wayneb Aah I see, good luck!

Community Member
(@peggyl)

Trusted Member

@wayneb... Algarve Express also does storage. I'm 99.9% sure

Peggy

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

• Receive exclusive member benefits from our partners: view current offers
      • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars
      • Join any Group within our Online Community
      • Include your local events in our events calendar
      • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
I WANT TO BE A PREMIUM MEMBEROnly €25 per year
Share:

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online