What Brands Do You MIss From Home? – Moving to Portugal – Expats Portugal Community Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Please feel free to view our Forum, but you must either LOGIN or REGISTER to join in the conversation.

Explorations Africa Banner Ad

What Brands Do You MIss From Home?  

Page 1 / 8

VIP Member
(@goatperson)
Reputable Member

I'm just home for a work stint and have realised all the things I've been doing without unnecessarily. Bonds brand undies and Berlei bras, for example - I've never met undies I like in Portugal. Vegemite is another necessity for us Aussies. And Kraft Crunchy Peanut Butter - the skippy band in Modelo might have a nice name but it's not the same.

What brands from home do you miss? What should people moving to Portugal think about bringing a supply of?

38 Replies

VIP Member
(@shelby)
Famed Member

The problem with bringing stuff out with you is that it all to soon finishes and that's the dilemma, how much of them and will it last in the heat, sell by dates etc etc

But with Amazon...........

My wife was sitting watching a tv programme last week and they showed grapefruit segments being processed
“It's been years since I had some of them for breakfast” she says

a click here and there on her laptop and on Friday Amazon delivered 12 tins of said grapefruit segment along with fish food and a speciality bread making flour.

I was wanting to upgrade my mobile and searched the web for cheap versions and then I email amazon uk and asked if UNLOCKED phones sold by them will work in Portugal with a Portuguese sim card and two hours later I received a email that answered my questions – they will as long as its UNLOCKED and not just sim free.
So now to order my favourite brand of mobile at a good price.

G

VIP Member
(@old-bloke)
Noble Member

Mature English cheddar cheese, I don't care who makes it, I need cheese!!

VIP Member
(@chas-linda)
Illustrious Member

Continente also now do their own pre-packed Cheddar :)

VIP Member
(@teresa)
Reputable Member

:flower: I agree with goatperson about the undies. Apart from
being 'rubbish' they're very expensive.

My 'other half' can't do without his Marmite.

We can buy good,strong cheese now so that's not a
problem.

Page 1 / 8

UKTV Banner

To post a reply, sign up and become a member!

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, your support will help the team continue to bring you useful content about life in Portugal. You can also:

JOIN TODAYOnly €25 per year
Share:

Free

Sign me up as a Community Member today for limited access to the forum and meet-ups.

Premium

By becoming a valued Premium Member today, you will unlock some great privileges, freebies and perks:

• Receive over €300+ worth of exclusive member benefits from our partners (view current member perks and benefits)
  • Priority access to our Zoom meet-ups and webinars (visit our What’s On Calendar for our next online events)
  • Browse the forum with no advertising (only see or partners)
  • Get 10% discount off Business Directory advertising
  • Get 10% discount off Ask Our Expats services
  • Buy and sell items in our Classifieds forum
  • And last but not least, shout Astrid, Gerry & Carl a beer on Friday 🙂
Join TodayOnly €25 per year

Copyright © 2020 Expats Portugal

Marketing by Unity Online